Dean Headstocks

B-Bottom

• Members

Do people actually like them? I want an explorer style bass in the worst way. Epi Explorers are hard as hell to find and seem over-priced when you finally do come across one. So I've been looking at the Deans because if nothing else maybe they would be a good platform for mods. But those damn headstocks are just so horrific looking that I just can not justify buying one. The one's from the 80's weren't bad. But now they are just retarded.

zbx.JPG

Am I alone in thinking they are really really stupid looking?

• Members

I personally can't stand Dean instruments. I did play a Hamer explorer like this years ago at GC and it sounded good (it was pretty cheap too, IIRC). I have no idea if Hamer still makes these or not.

import-standard-bass-lg.jpg

that's actually not bad looking.

By the way I know jack about Dean or Hamer instruments.

• Members

Do people actually like them? I want an explorer style bass in the worst way. Epi Explorers are hard as hell to find and seem over-priced when you finally do come across one. So I've been looking at the Deans because if nothing else maybe they would be a good platform for mods. But those damn headstocks are just so horrific looking that I just can not justify buying one. The one's from the 80's weren't bad. But now they are just retarded.

zbx.JPG

Am I alone in thinking they are really really stupid looking?

Never was impressed by their guitars.

Headstock is OK as heads go.

• Members

jksn-u-kelly.jpg

Personally, I've always SLIGHTLY preferred the looks of the Jackson Kelly bass...

Slightly different, but still similar IMO

At least the headstock looks halfway normal.

jacksons were always to "metal" looking for me

• Members

I don't understand why they have to put it on so many of their guitars/basses. Save it for the Dime model IMO, it looks good on that and that's about it.

You know originally that's how I thought they did it. Because...well....that would make the most sense.

Archived