Huge props to PIXAR!

ec437

• Members

{censored}, man. That's cool of them. I like seeing big corps do things like this. Hopefully they didn't do it just to attract that sort of attention, though. That's the flipside of it for me.

I can't help but think that if I was diagnosed with a fatal disease, someone would break in on me and beat me to death with a ballbat. I guess it's quicker... Now THAT is bittersweet.

• Members

They probably did this for the positive press, but in this case I'm more than happy to give it to them.

Man...they didn't comment on it at all, didn't mug for a microphone or camera, or even send out a press statement. They just took a phone call and sent out an employee with the DVD for her inside what, 24 hours?

I gotta say, and I really don't mean to piss you off or anything, but I'm a bit sad when we second-guess the company's motives in this instance - I don't see how they could have been any more respectful or take any better action to show their compassion. *shrug*

• Members

this is what tells me it wasn't a PR stunt.

That was my take on it too.

As Brake can attest, I work in a place known for it's generosity and that really cares about it's customers. We may not have done anything as over the top as this, but we do what we can when we can.

Then again, I did spearhead a project at work that despite working for a manufacturer of MI goods, we were able to expend a little bit of lab time doing what we do best and that helped out cancer research of all things. :eek:

That was the highlight of my work year for sure, things like that just don't happen every day. :)

Archived