I Got Asked To Play the Olympics in Feb 2010

garytees

• Members

That could be a cool gig. Why not better pay? And how did they figure that your band will be together that long? (You do have enough time to recreate a band if they did break up.)

If I had to guess I'd say they booked each player separately to make their own house band.

• Members

That could be a cool gig.
Why not better pay?
And how did they figure that your band will be together that long? (You do have enough time to recreate a band if they did break up.)

Considering how much the Olympics has cost Canada so far, he's lucky he's getting anything at all!

:eek:

• Members

In a 'house' band in front of 25,000 people and possibly TV. Will be representing the NWT. Not much pay (daily honorariums and expenses paid).

Do you get to open for these guys?

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/2010wintergames/Cultural+Olympiad+announces+second+slate+events+Rick+Hansen+multimedia+opera+more/1721947/story.html

Cultural Olympiad announces a second slate of events: Rick Hansen multimedia, gay rap opera and more

VANCOUVER - The Olympics announced 35 more cultural projects on Monday, including ones that highlight Rick Hansen,
a gay rap opera
, a dance marathon, the erotic anguish of Don Juan and more.

Canada's top ballet companies, international cutting-edge theatre troupes, jazz acts and contemporary artists among 35 new projects joining Cultural Olympiad 2010

The projects come from Canada and around the world.

The Cultural Olympiad program starts on Jan. 22 and runs throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games to March 21, 2010.

It includes more than 600 ticketed and free performances and exhibitions in 50 venues in Metro Vancouver and British Columbia's Sea to Sky corridor.

Archived