wow

lug

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like you didn't see this coming when they first suggested it?

Rest assured, this doesn't mean the end of the television as we know it. As the California Energy Commission notes, as of now, over 1,000 televisions already meet the 2011 standards, so many manufacturers won't have to panic in order to comply with the regulations, at least for now.

Nope, just the end of having the freedom to choose any TV you want, and taking tons of money out of the pocket of plasma manufacturers. I just bought a new plasma and you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands. {censored} LCD. :p

That's been coming for years. Maybe it'll force OLED's down in price.

You're cute when you make jokes.

• Members

A TV of a certain size that draws under 300 watts is now going to be illegal? What's next? Will they regulate the thickness of the socks people can wear to conserve calories from heat loss to protect our precious food sources? Just my yard lights consume 300 watts. :rolleyes:

• Members

A TV of a certain size that draws under 300 watts is now going to be illegal? What's next? Will they regulate the thickness of the socks people can wear to conserve calories from heat loss to protect our precious food sources? Just my yard lights consume 300 watts.
:rolleyes:

In a bid to save cash on our power bills I added up the power usage of all of our primary house lights, assuming that they were left all full time. I determined that it roughly equalled that of our roommates computer, which he does leave on 24/7. :facepalm:

We still go room to room turning lights off everywhere we go. We are anal about it as we try and offset him, who outright refuses to shut it down when he leaves for work (for 10-12 hours at a time). He complains that he loses valuable gaming time when he has to wait for it to boot up... all 2 minutes of it. :rolleyes:

• Members

In a bid to save cash on our power bills I added up the power usage of all of our primary house lights, assuming that they were left all full time. I determined that it roughly equalled that of our roommates computer, which he does leave on 24/7.
:facepalm:

We still go room to room turning lights off everywhere we go. We are anal about it as we try and offset him, who outright refuses to shut it down when he leaves for work (for 10-12 hours at a time). He complains that he loses valuable gaming time when he has to wait for it to boot up... all 2 minutes of it.

The only thing I don't like about my new condo is the lighting is absolutely horrible. I have to basically turn on EVERY freaking light in the entire place just to see. It's mostly track-lights which is why, but still. It's kind of annoying. I have to turn off at least 5-6 switches before turning off the 2 in the hall then the 2 in my room when I go to bed. :facepalm:

• Members

If they are worried about a TV drawing 300 watts, it won't be long coming that they collect all the inefficient tube amps bassists and guitarists love. Hurray! Low wattage solid state for everyone.

Most computers draw at least 400W and are on all the time. Mine's 600W, but I put it to sleep when I'm not using it. Still... I could see computers being next.

This kind of {censored} pisses me off. Limit consumption instead of increase production. Recession, what?

• Members

In a bid to save cash on our power bills I added up the power usage of all of our primary house lights, assuming that they were left all full time. I determined that it roughly equalled that of our roommates computer, which he does leave on 24/7.

We still go room to room turning lights off everywhere we go. We are anal about it as we try and offset him, who outright refuses to shut it down when he leaves for work (for 10-12 hours at a time). He complains that he loses valuable gaming time when he has to wait for it to boot up... all 2 minutes of it.

It depends on what games he plays. Do you even realize how many zombies can get away in Left4Dead2 in a full 2 minutes?!?!?!? :eek:

• Members

The only thing I don't like about my new condo is the lighting is absolutely horrible. I have to basically turn on EVERY freaking light in the entire place just to see. It's mostly track-lights which is why, but still. It's kind of annoying. I have to turn off at least 5-6 switches before turning off the 2 in the hall then the 2 in my room when I go to bed.

medium_MinersHelmet1.jpg

Archived