wow

lug

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On one hand, you have (i.e., WE have) t.v. sets that don't really turn completely off when we turn them off. They simply switch to a "standby" mode and still consume power.

On the other hand, we have physics. Some "experts" say that fossil-fuel burning power plants operate at as little as 33% efficiency. I don't know if that is true or if it is just another "global warming" alarmist proclamation to get more money.

Personally, I am awaiting the perfection of the perpetual motion machine and the home-sized "Mr. Fusion" generator. :thu:

• Members

That's been coming for years. Maybe it'll force OLED's down in price.

Nah, it will force prices up and people will buy whatever they want on teh internetz anyway.

In the end, this will cost California jobs and tax revenue while failing miserably.:facepalm:

• Members

People in the Bay Area water every day. What do they do when there isn't a drought?

We've been in drought here forever.. Illegal to water your gardens most days, illegal to wash your car, illegal to build new pools, illegal to own non fluro light tubes from January.. Hell everything here is {censored}in illegal it seems.

New speed cameras that ping you from a mile away for doing 1.5mph over the limit.. Yay..

• Members

We've been in drought here forever.. Illegal to water your gardens most days, illegal to wash your car, illegal to build new pools, illegal to own non fluro light tubes from January.. Hell everything here is {censored}in illegal it seems.

New speed cameras that ping you from a mile away for doing 1.5mph over the limit.. Yay..

Wait a second... that sounds like California :eek:

• Members

A TV of a certain size that draws under 300 watts is now going to be illegal? What's next? Will they regulate the thickness of the socks people can wear to conserve calories from heat loss to protect our precious food sources? Just my yard lights consume 300 watts.
:rolleyes:

Ok, hand over the socks buddy...

• Members

I wish.. We don't have the relaxed attitude and awesome mexi food..

We are unfortunately turning into a nanny state, we all gotta be protected from ourselves..
:rolleyes:

California is about as relaxed as a hemmorhoid. A million uptight snobs from CA moved to my state in the 90's, and promptly began complaining about how laid back everyone is here.:D

C7

• Members

California is about as relaxed as a hemmorhoid. A million uptight snobs from CA moved to my state in the 90's, and promptly began complaining about how laid back everyone is here.
:D
C7

My daughter and son-in-law (Colorado native) complain about transplanted Californians and Texans. :poke:

Archived