wow

lug

• Members
The only thing I don't like about my new condo is the lighting is absolutely horrible. I have to basically turn on EVERY freaking light in the entire place just to see. It's mostly track-lights which is why, but still. It's kind of annoying. I have to turn off at least 5-6 switches before turning off the 2 in the hall then the 2 in my room when I go to bed.
:facepalm:

Track lighting sucks for two reasons. You outlined one, and the other? Those little bulbs don't last very long, so you will burn through them like water.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It depends on what games he plays. Do you
even
realize how many zombies can get away in Left4Dead2 in a full 2 minutes?!?!?!?
:eek:

I'd be ok if he were killing zombies. In his case he's probably just killing the same turtle over and over again in Lord of the rings.

Which is probably better than sitting in a space port in Eve, which is what he used to do for hours on end. :facepalm:

• Members

According to Ca law, you can only dispose of light bulbs at special light bulb recycling centers and are not allowed to throw them in the trash.

There's five centers in the whole state.

They obviously don't enforce that law too much. :p

• Members

Hopefully you do us right and make toast with a toaster oven and not one of those hippie toasters!

Even better. My wife bought one of those toaster that can take wide-assed bagels. This means regular toast takes 3 times as long!

• Members

Can't use it in CA. I believe they are instituting a new law requiring all toasters to be solar-powered.

Next thing you know, this thing will go full circle and California will be encouraging people to use a wood FIRE to cook, boil water, make toast, etc.!!! :facepalm:

• Members

According to Ca law, you can only dispose of light bulbs at special light bulb recycling centers and are not allowed to throw them in the trash.

There's five centers in the whole state.

They obviously don't enforce that law too much.
:p

I thought that was only fluorescent bulbs, or those big flood light bulbs. But yeah, they don't really enforce it.

• Members
Next thing you know, this thing will go full circle and California will be encouraging people to use a wood FIRE to cook, boil water, make toast, etc.!!!
:facepalm:

Nope. Wood fires are dirty and contribute to pollution. New homes, in my area at least, can't have wood burning fireplaces.

• Members
Damn, bummer for those in the bay area... Having to wait for the morning fog to clear before making toast and all.

We don't eat toast, it's steel cut oats and fruit smoothies. And, as fate would have it, I just kicked off my Birks as I was posting this message. :facepalm:

• Members

Nope. Wood fires are dirty and contribute to pollution. New homes, in my area at least, can't have wood burning fireplaces.

I'm building a firepit in the backyard for all the excess wood I have around the property. I shall mow make it larger in honor of CA's sacrifice.

Archived