Is HCBF the new HCOJ?

kaiser_sosea

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you kidding? First off I rarely (if ever) start threads for the sake of starting threads or trolling. I would like to see where you noticed me doing this? I'm not a pot stirrer nor have I ever been. Nor do I consider myself a "random asshat", while I don't share many of our most distinguished members post count I've been here for three years and read these threads almost daily. I only post when I feel I can contribute something that hasn't yet or if I have a genuine question. Or if someone needs a thread full of bewbs to cheer them up.

My point isn't the lack of on topic threads and I'm not asking the question I believe you're referring to which is, "Why aren't there more bass threads? I thought this was a bass forum." I thoroughly enjoy this place but as I stated previously it seems that before there was a good mix of threads and many people that posted in them seemed to do so with the intent of furthering the thread and adding to the discussion. Now it's not, resembles Open Jam, that was my point and was asking if anyone else noticed this. If you're not a fan of me posing this question and making these comparisons go elsewhere and keep your accusations to yourself.

One that gets asked about every two weeks, always by some random asshat who just likes to drop in and stir up the pot. I've noticed that you do this.

If you're not a fan of monkeys {censored}ing footballs, go elsewhere. Even if you are, go elsewhere.

• Members

Are you kidding? First off I rarely (if ever) start threads for the sake of starting threads or trolling. I would like to see where you noticed me doing this? I'm not a pot stirrer nor have I ever been. My point isn't the lack of on topic threads and I'm not asking the question I believe you're referring to which is, "Why aren't there more bass threads? I thought this was a bass forum." I thoroughly enjoy this place but as I stated previously it seems that before there was a good mix of threads and many people that posted in them seemed to do so with the intent of furthering the thread and adding to the discussion. Now it's not, resembles Open Jam, that was my point and was asking if anyone else noticed this. If you're not a fan of me posing this question and making these comparisons go elsewhere and keep your accusations to yourself.

I side with BPP on this one, as I have noticed the same thing. If you have an on topic bass question please feel free to ask it. I am certain you will recieve a number of thoughtful, insightful responses. If you don't have an on topic question, please feel free to go elsewhere.

• Moderators
I side with BPP on this one, as I have noticed the same thing. If you have an on topic bass question please feel free to ask it. I am certain you will recieve a number of thoughtful, insightful responses. If you don't have an on topic question, please feel free to go elsewhere.

That's not what Kaiser Sosea is talking about. He's suggesting that the forum vibe is significantly different than it was even a year ago. He's wondering what has changed, etc. It's not a question of "is this a bass forum" or "longing for the good ol' boys from 2001" kind of thing.

• Members

That's not what Kaiser Sosea is talking about. He's suggesting that the forum vibe is significantly different than it was even a year ago. He's wondering what has changed, etc. It's not a question of "is this a bass forum" or "longing for the good ol' boys from 2001" kind of thing.

I don't know I have been here going on a couple of years and mostly lurked before that. This place has always been fairly disjointed, which is part of its allure. TB after 15 minutes makes me want to put a bullet in my head. I guess I just don't understand people popping in here trying to stir up {censored} about not being more on topic, when their thread is a topic about a forum, not specically having to do with the art of being a bassplayer.

• Moderators
I don't know I have been here going on a couple of years and mostly lurked before that. This place has always been fairly disjointed, which is part of its allure. TB after 15 minutes makes me want to put a bullet in my head. I guess I just don't understand people popping in here trying to stir up {censored} about not being more on topic, when their thread is a topic about a forum, not specically having to do with the art of being a bassplayer.

Which has what to do specifically with what Kaiser Sosea is wishing to discuss? Not a darn thing.:wave:

• Members
It seems threads are increasingly becoming OJ style threads what with all the angry, asinine, and insane posting. Is it just me or is anyone else noticing this trend. Pretty soon everyone will be talking about Miatas
:eek:
Discuss...

The bass forum has always been like this, and we talk about Miatas, or Motorcycles, or boobs or whatever. So what am I missing exactly?

• Members

You have clarified that your argument is not "Why aren't there more bass threads on here?", but rather, "Why aren't you guys nicer and more supportive?"
They both boil down to the same thing:
"I don't like the way you guys are doing things here."

Which, in turn, has not changed the gist of my original argument re: go elsewhere. I don't think anyone here is going to suddenly change their mannerisms to make Kaiser Sosea happy.

• Members
You have clarified that your argument is not "Why aren't there more bass threads on here?", but rather, "Why aren't you guys nicer and more supportive?"

Which, in turn, has not changed the gist of my original argument re: go elsewhere. I don't think anyone here is going to suddenly change their mannerisms to make Kaiser Sosea happy.

You rule. :thu:

You know there's a fight in every bar.....:rolleyes:

• Members

You don't think that people have posted differently in the last month or so than they usually have in the past? :confused:

It seems there's been a noticeable change (enough that multiple people, perhaps dozens, have commented). The issue then would not be that people need to suddenly change in order to make him happy, but rather that people have already suddenly changed and that is making him (along with others) unhappy.

His complaint is not "I want it to be different", in fact, his complaint is just the opposite, he's saying "I want it to be the way it's always been"...

• Moderators
You don't think that people have posted differently in the last month or so than they usually have in the past?
:confused:

It seems there's been a noticeable change (enough that multiple people, perhaps dozens, have commented). The issue then would not be that people need to suddenly change in order to make him happy, but rather that people have already suddenly changed and that is making him (along with others) unhappy.

His complaint is not
"I want it to be different"
, in fact, his complaint is just the opposite, he's saying
"I want it to be the way it's always been"

Hey, you're in agreement with me!:mad:

• Members
Lolwutpear.jpg

No need for that - if you don't agree, just don't agree.

A lot of frontin' goin on here - y'all can have it - I prefer to deal with real people.

(I know you're a good guy, and I know that some of y'all have fun {censored}ing with me: well, I'm sick of this place so you're gonna have to find someone else.)

Archived