Is HCBF the new HCOJ?

kaiser_sosea

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
No need for that - if you don't agree, just don't agree.

A lot of frontin' goin on here - y'all can have it - I prefer to deal with real people.

(I know you're a good guy, and I know that some of y'all have fun {censored}ing with me: well, I'm sick of this place so you're gonna have to find someone else.)

but, i Wuv U :love::cry:

Don't say it's not me, it's you. Lies, all lies, I tell you.
:lol:

[/sarcasm mode]

C'mon Wade.

You're one of the only respectable guys here

• Members

C'mon Wade.

You're one of the only respectable guys here

LOL

I've had my moments for sure - never meant for anything to get personal though - still don't.

I just can't relate to what's going on here lately - I can't really put my finger on it but it seems like a lot of fronting going on.

• Moderators
No need for that - if you don't agree, just don't agree.

A lot of frontin' goin on here - y'all can have it - I prefer to deal with real people.

(I know you're a good guy, and I know that some of y'all have fun {censored}ing with me: well, I'm sick of this place so you're gonna have to find someone else.)

I take it that your Facetious Detector is broken.;):lol:

• Members

Reading comprehension on the HCBF seems to be at an all time low as well. I'm sorry this thread sucks, just making an observation. In respect to the sea change here you can all go {censored} yourselves. (KK and Thud can read so they're cool)

You seem to be perpetuating the very attitude you are railing against. :poke:

• Members
You don't think that people have posted differently in the last month or so than they usually have in the past?
:confused:

It seems there's been a noticeable change (enough that multiple people, perhaps dozens, have commented). The issue then would not be that people need to suddenly change in order to make him happy, but rather that people have already suddenly changed and that is making him (along with others) unhappy.

His complaint is not
"I want it to be different"
, in fact, his complaint is just the opposite, he's saying
"I want it to be the way it's always been"

I have noticed this trend with some degree of interest. I chalk it up to the Armageddon phenomenon: what would people act like if they knew the world was about to end? Not to be melodramatic, but with the upcoming conversion and the fact that most posts over the last month won't be retained, it's comparable.

Alas, my interest doesn't compel me to care very much about it one way or the other, and certainly not enough to even post a thread bemoaning it but offering no practical solutions.

As Catphish pointed out, once the conversion occurs, this will likely go away.

However, if it doesn't, it will simply enforce my theory that people in general are nasty conniving pieces of {censored}. I mean, come on, didn't any of you see Avatar? :p

• Members

I have noticed this trend with some degree of interest. I chalk it up to the Armageddon phenomenon: what would people act like if they knew the world was about to end? Not to be melodramatic, but with the upcoming conversion and the fact that most posts over the last month won't be retained, it's comparable.

My assessment as well.

Which is why I blame Kindness.

• Members

My point isn't the lack of on topic threads and I'm not asking the question I believe you're referring to which is, "Why aren't there more bass threads? I thought this was a bass forum." I thoroughly enjoy this place but as I stated previously it seems that before there was a good mix of threads and many people that posted in them seemed to do so with the intent of furthering the thread and adding to the discussion. Now it's not, resembles Open Jam, that was my point and was asking if anyone else noticed this.

I have been around here longer than most people, and I completely agree with what you are saying. Don't see much of that "friendly pub" atmosphere here anymore. A lot of hostility and bickering. Hopefully it will go back to normal once the switch is done.

• Members

when Chaos Mode began, the Change was (supposedly) immenent.

Chaos seemed like it might be fun in the short term.

but as the Wait as grew longer, Chaos devolved into Anarchy Mode, which has now devolved into Nihilism Mode.

and it is all Kindness' fault.

if only he would post another clever song to amuse and placate us all.

but the forces of Anarchy caused him to lose all control and ban himself.

on that sad day, the forum turned on itself.

and now for something completely different -

Gisele-Bundchen_1.png

• Members

Reading comprehension on the HCBF seems to be at an all time low as well. I'm sorry this thread sucks, just making an observation. In respect to the sea change here you can all go {censored} yourselves. (KK and Thud can read so they're cool)

i didnt see the need to jump down your throat because of your question. some people must have had piss in their cheerios yesterday.

id blame HC more than anything. once they said posts wouldnt carry over after they took the snapshot of the database (like 3 or 4 weeks ago now) people kinda went nuts posting junk. once the new site takes over it should get back to like 50/50 on topic/off topic threads if anyone can stand that new format.

• Members
I've always :love:d you.

Alas, my interest doesn't compel me to care very much about it one way or the other, and certainly not enough to even post a thread bemoaning it but offering no practical solutions.

As Catphish pointed out, once the conversion occurs, this will likely go away.

However, if it doesn't, it will simply enforce my theory that people in general are nasty conniving pieces of {censored}. I mean, come on, didn't any of you see Avatar?
:p

I heart you
fuko.jpg

Archived