Backyard fire pit

Crescent Seven

• Members

How many of you guys burn wood in the backyard?

I'm posting from a folding camping chair in my backyard. I made a ring out of chunks of concrete and I have nice fire going. Lots of dead branches from the tornado that trashed this area last fall. It's pretty sweet having a landlord that doesn't give a {censored} as long as the rent and water bill is paid.:D

C7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We have a great pit/patio area out back. Being here in TX I don't get to have too many fires as most of the time we are under a burn ban because it gets so dry. It would suck if I burned the neighborhood down.

• Members

Ren and I just happened to get a hosue with four very large boulders in the backyard. Just so happens they are in a circular shape. ;)

I have been considering making some sort of fire pit in the middle. Not sure what the bylaw about that here is though. :o

It also just so happens that there is a rather large pile of dead tree branches in the back corner of our backyard.

And no, there was no previous fire pit, these things are just coincidental. ;)

• Members

Ren and I just happened to get a hosue with four very large boulders in the backyard. Just so happens they are in a circular shape.
;)

I have been considering making some sort of fire pit in the middle. Not sure what the bylaw about that here is though.
:o

It also just so happens that there is a rather large pile of dead tree branches in the back corner of our backyard.

And no, there was no previous fire pit, these things are just coincidental.
;)

stonehenge-wallpaper-1.jpg

• Members

:D

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/outofbounds/uploaded_images/jerseybonfire-719329.jpg

Can't touch that, but I have a chimnea that gets a good fire every now and then. And of course I have my offset smoker, for when I want a more productive burn.

• Members

I just drug two old small trailers (the kind that you haul behind a lawn tractor) out and placed them back to back and burned up two big fallen trees a couple of weeks ago. Setup lets me burn logs 10 ft long at a time. I placed a2 lawn chairs next to it incase the cops showed up for haivng a burnoff w/o a permit. "No sir, officer, sir, we're just roasting marshmellows over this here fire pit.....well, we have a LOT of marshmellows!" :D

• Members

I just drug two old small trailers (the kind that you haul behind a lawn tractor) out and placed them back to back and burned up two big fallen trees a couple of weeks ago. Setup lets me burn logs 10 ft long at a time. I placed a2 lawn chairs next to it incase the cops showed up for haivng a burnoff w/o a permit. "No sir, officer, sir, we're just roasting marshmellows over this here fire pit.....well, we have a LOT of marshmellows!"
:D

I hear the marshmallows in Texas are extra large...

marsh.jpg

• Members

5528_1158887022535_1538573697_30407278_4

This is a fire that a friend of mine had a few years ago. I got to see the wood pile a few weeks before, but did not have a change to go to the actual bonfire. They have it in early summer every year and it made up from fall yard waste and all the old Christmas trees from the neighborhood. (the person in the pic is about 50 feet away from the fire to give you a perspective)

• Members

Wood's for pussies. Get yourself some dead hooker parts. Now THOSE are a challenge to burn.

Dead hooker parts are for pussies. Get yourself some live hooker parts. Now THOSE are a challenge to burn.

:wave:

Archived