Before there was Geddy...

gonzobassman

• Members

Lol!!! This has gotten very funny!!! How about Glenn Hughes??? Rudy Sarzo man-loved him so much he tried to look just like him!!! Seriously though.Mars Cowling of Pat Travers fame. Mars Cowling and Tommy Aldridge were a great rythym section on a little heard album called "Pat Travers Live",recorded in 76,or 78.Somewhere around there.Tommy A. got his start with Black Oak Arkansas,and went on to be the go to live drummer of almost every multi-platinum selling hard rock act of the eighties(or so it seemed)!!! Mars just kinda slipped into obscurity,but for a minute or two there...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

You want the HCBF of olden times?

You can't handle the HCBF of olden times! Son, we live in a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with moderator status. Who's gonna do it? You? You, forumite Weinberg? Moderators have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom! You weep for banned members and you curse the Moderators. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that forumite bans, while tragic, probably saved lives.

You've said too much. Let it go.

• Members

You've said too much. Let it go.

I'm being charged with a crime? Is that what this is? I'm being charged with a crime? This is funny, that's what this is. This is... [tries to lunge at isaac42 but is stopped by Moderators] I'm gonna rip out your eyes and piss in your dead skull! You {censored}ed with the wrong forumite!

• Members

Lol!!! This has gotten very funny!!! How about Glenn Hughes??? Rudy Sarzo man-loved him so much he tried to look just like him!!! Seriously though.Mars Cowling of Pat Travers fame. Mars Cowling and Tommy Aldridge were a great rythym section on a little heard album called "Pat Travers Live",recorded in 76,or 78.Somewhere around there.Tommy A. got his start with Black Oak Arkansas,and went on to be the go to live drummer of almost every multi-platinum selling hard rock act of the eighties(or so it seemed)!!! Mars just kinda slipped into obscurity,but for a minute or two there...

Train Train!

• Members

You forgot Burke Shelley of Budgie. Not only could he play really well but he looked and sang like Geddy Lee before Geddy Lee was any one.

That's true - he was totally Geddy Lee before Geddy Lee. I had never heard of seen him until last year, and I just happened to look up Budgie and saw them doing "Breadfan" and I though,"Jesus- Geddy Lee is a clone!" LOL

• Moderators

Right - but it was in my next post - which you already knew, but seem to be ignoring...

- georgestrings

Actually, no. The initial post is all that I remember. I went back to look for it, and found it. I didn't look for any others because the impression had already been made. Additionally, you defended that position in later posts. So, again, why would I look for posts of yours taking a position different from the one you first stated and later defended, and which I did not recall? Still don't, in fact. :idk:

• Members

That's true - he was totally Geddy Lee before Geddy Lee. I had never heard of seen him until last year, and I just happened to look up Budgie and saw them doing "Breadfan" and I though,
"Jesus- Geddy Lee is a clone!"
LOL

burke is the shiznit. budgie was really like pre-rush rush. power trio, prog rock, awesome tunes. an a lot of bigger bands have covered them--metallica, iron maiden, soundgarden. and a lot of dudes cite them as an influence, both as individuals and as the full band. look into them some more and you will hear a lot of their riffs in other peoples music!

• Members

That's true - he was totally Geddy Lee before Geddy Lee. I had never heard of seen him until last year, and I just happened to look up Budgie and saw them doing "Breadfan" and I though,
"Jesus- Geddy Lee is a clone!"
LOL

burke is the shiznit. budgie was really like pre-rush rush. power trio, prog rock, awesome tunes. an a lot of bigger bands have covered them--metallica, iron maiden, soundgarden. and a lot of dudes cite them as an influence, both as individuals and as the full band. look into them some more and you will hear a lot of their riffs in other peoples music!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived