I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Seems like someone's trying to kill me this week. Past 3 accidents on the way home yesterday only to have to leave work early today. I litterally drove though a 4 car accident. Some car slammed on their brakes, an suv goes slamming into it for following too close given their bulk, another car swerves from the fast lane to my lane to the one right of me and hits a car and I thought I heard something else.

To add to my day, I'm told it's $380 for fixing the window plus another $120 for diagnostics since my damn Check Engine light is on. $500 and that's if nothing's wrong with the car and they reset the light (hoping). Maybe it'll just be something stupid like the oxygen sensor or something.

Time to look for a cheaper gar that runs regular gas mad.gif Damn German cars mad.gifmad.gif

• Members

Originally posted by niomosy

Seems like someone's trying to kill me this week. Past 3 accidents on the way home yesterday only to have to leave work early today. I litterally drove though a 4 car accident. Some car slammed on their brakes, an suv goes slamming into it for following too close given their bulk, another car swerves from the fast lane to my lane to the one right of me and hits a car and I thought I heard something else.

To add to my day, I'm told it's $380 for fixing the window plus another $120 for diagnostics since my damn Check Engine light is on. $500 and that's if nothing's wrong with the car and they reset the light (hoping). Maybe it'll just be something stupid like the oxygen sensor or something.

Time to look for a cheaper gar that runs regular gas mad.gif Damn German cars mad.gifmad.gif

Ford time biggrin.gif

• Members

Originally posted by oldivor

Ford time biggrin.gif

{censored} Ford. Those bastards were even worse than my Audi. At least the Audi runs reliably and just needs stupid crap. Damn Ford, I'd start stalling on the freeway mad.gif

No sir, it's Toyota or Honda for me. Both well known for being able to be ridden hard for 200k miles so long as you keep maintenance good on them. Given I do about 85 miles a day plus driving to school once a week and a few other things, I need a car I can run up mileage on without concern.

The Camry's looking nice. Just need to wait and hope bonuses are good and I can get a semi-decent trade-in value on my car.

• Members

{censored} Ford. Those bastards were even worse than my Audi. At least the Audi runs reliably and just needs stupid crap. Damn Ford, I'd start stalling on the freeway mad.gif

No sir, it's Toyota or Honda for me. Both well known for being able to be ridden hard for 200k miles so long as you keep maintenance good on them. Given I do about 85 miles a day plus driving to school once a week and a few other things, I need a car I can run up mileage on without concern.

The Camry's looking nice. Just need to wait and hope bonuses are good and I can get a semi-decent trade-in value on my car.

lol Ford have always been good for us smile.gif

Hondas have also been good to us too.

• Members

Whoa...you LA folks are nuts. biggrin.gif Glad you're safe...

Last time I had an engine light go on like that, it was a bleedin' exhaust filter device that needed replacing for like 400-500 dollars. mad.gif

• Members

Originally posted by Zamfir

Whoa...you LA folks are nuts. biggrin.gif Glad you're safe...

Last time I had an engine light go on like that, it was a bleedin' exhaust filter device that needed replacing for like 400-500 dollars. mad.gif

I'm a bit more concerned about the light right now. I'm a little worried that it might be something like the intercooler not working or something as the oil temps have been peeking a bit higher than normal. I'm hoping that it's just because they didn't hook something up when they fixed the other stuff. That or just something stupid and minor. We'll see.