New gig calendar!

Lee Flier

• Members

Originally posted by flemtone

Lee, this is the absolute BEST feature! It brings 'local' the members we wouldn't even know
were
local.

It is nice seeing bands posted that are in my area. We've got a double-bill coming up next month...a twofer...one of my band's is opening for catphish's band!

:cool:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

"Fibber McGee" coming to Kansas City Area "Cheeseburger in Paradise" restaurant and drinking establishment...

I sent a demo to David Nace (local blues band heroes, the Nace Brothers Band) who does the booking for "Cheeseburger in Paradise" (a chain owned by Jimmy Buffett). Actually, the Nace Brothers have even backed up Jimmy Buffett (among other well-known bands). He dug our demo!!! There are two "Cheeseburgers" in the Kansas City area, one in Leawood KS and one out by the Kansas Speedway. We've got June 2nd and 3rd at the Leawood one and the 21st at the Speedway one!

I'm a happy camper!!!

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

"Fibber McGee" coming to Kansas City Area "Cheeseburger in Paradise" restaurant and drinking establishment...

Congrats, Tedster! Sounds like a fun place to play at.

Oh, I'm still alive and kicking here in Alexandria. I know I haven't been around here much and hopefully I'll get more involved again soon. I quit smoking (January 1) and started dieting (lost 20 pounds so far). The band, Loaded, is still kicking (just put our May gig in the calendar).

Hope things are well with everyone.

Rim

• Members

Good to hear from you, too, Ted! Work has been so busy and I confess many of the times I spent here were during work. :o

Which is why I'm looking for a new job! My 3D world is messing with my virtual one!

Oh, and buying a house (and maintaining it) has kept me busy, too, but way worth it. I've got real drums in the basement now.

So, what have I missed? :D

Rim

• Members

Just the usual stuff...mini dramas, moves, all that sort of stuff. Don't hear much from the old D.C. crew, haven't heard from any of the people that made our dinner, Neil McGuitar, Jedi or his dad, Lurker, or anyone in a long time. You're the first returnee!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Tullsterx

I tried to post our gig on the calendar but it won't let me put in 2007. Plus, there was nothing else listed. It the calendar still in use?

Yeah, a band named "Birthdays" is hoggin' the whole calendar.

Archived