Who's playing Thanksgiving Eve?

axepilot

• Members

I'm playing. This will be my first TGE. I usually do weddings but a few in the wedding band (myself included) decided to do a side project/bar band this year. We pushed hard for this gig - the venue normally doesn't open that night. Hopefully it'll go well.

I know its a big night for 20-somethings reuniting. We hope to get alot of them. We're in our 30's though and many of our friends have TG to prepare for that evening. I'm doing some prep cooking Tuesday and getting up very early Thursday to get my place ready for guests. I won't be getting much sleep those three days. :cry:

• Members
I'm playing. This will be my first TGE. I usually do weddings but a few in the wedding band (myself included) decided to do a side project/bar band this year. We pushed hard for this gig - the venue normally doesn't open that night. Hopefully it'll go well.

I know its a big night for 20-somethings reuniting. We hope to get alot of them. We're in our 30's though and many of our friends have TG to prepare for that evening. I'm doing some prep cooking Tuesday and getting up very early Thursday to get my place ready for guests. I won't be getting much sleep those three days.
:cry:

Taxachussetts, huh? You must be a huge Teddy fan!

• Members

Just got off the phone with someone that plans on attending my TGE gig and is in his 30's. He told me he'd have to leave early to get ready for TG. Since alot of our audience is in that age group, should our setlist climax by 10:00 rather than 12:00?

We expect a big crowd but I think most will leave before 11:00. Any of you typically do TGE gigs for 30+ crowds?

• Members

Speaking only from small towns in the USA Midwest, TGE is often bigger than New Years. Not just Gen Xers, either. The adults with kids that are back in town often leave the kids with Grandma for a night out. The college kids are all back. Nobody (mostly) has to work the next day, the big feed is often at 2pm-ish (perfect for recovery). It's usually good till after midnight.

• Members

So... I hope no one will judge me but:

Thanksgiving eve, Christmas eve and Valentine's Day are the BEST days in the world to be a single guy:

1. Its cold so women want to stay warm

2. NO ONE wants to be alone during the holidays or valentines day

3. If a girl is out, you can pretty much assume they are single. And most likely depressed about it.

• Members

We are. I'm expecting it to be slow. Is it really a big night for bars?

I guess it may depend on the venue. The reason Thanksgiving eve is usually the biggest bar night of the year is do to College students coming home and all going out to the local bars, ontop of everyone else. So if the venue is usually an older crowd, I'd say it would be like a normal Fri/Sat night.

Archived