Well, we'll never play THAT again...

• Members

We dropped "Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous" a few years ago.
we had an above average rendition
but it just never took off and created a lull in whatever set it was in.

"Dirt Cheap"
which was an "original" (6/8 ballad-woman's pov self respect lyric).
Somebody else cut and released it as a single a year ago
they have the compulsory now, just wasn't worth the drag in the show....
have replaced it with "The House that Built Me" which people actually know and love.

"Ice Cream Man" is gone
"Some Days You Gotta Dance" is gone
.....there are about 100 songs that have been tossed in the past 7 years, and for some reason these are the only ones I remember.:facepalm:

• Members

Our "trick" on that song is that when we're playing weddings we get all the girls in the wedding party up on stage to sing along and we change "Jessie" to whatever-the-groom's name is.

Corny as hell, but the crowd loves it every time.

good stuff

I love it

the more cheese you spread the more wine they drink

• Members

About 2 years ago we added some chili peppers stuff: Give it Away, Tell Me Baby, Under the Bridge, and Dani California. All of them just got crickets. From a late 20's and 30's crowd. And we nailed them....played them really well. And it was cricket city. So we kept them in for a couple of months thinking they would settle in....you know, some times you have to train the audience.....nope. Crowd killers.

Ya just never know.....

• Members

We play it also. it isn't a song that we do all the time but people do dance to it. With country fans alot of times the biggest dance floor fillers will be slow songs. "Silver wings" and "Amarillo by morning" ALWAYS pack the floor.

Yep, those two always go over well. We also do Crazy, the Chair, and When You Say Nothing at All, all of which do well.

Sometimes the slow waltz's do even better, i.e Waltz Across Texas.

• Members

About 2 years ago we added some chili peppers stuff: Give it Away, Tell Me Baby, Under the Bridge, and Dani California. All of them just got crickets. From a late 20's and 30's crowd. And we nailed them....played them really well. And it was cricket city. So we kept them in for a couple of months thinking they would settle in....you know, some times you have to train the audience.....nope. Crowd killers.

Ya just never know.....

We do their version of Higher Ground if people are demanding "one more song"... always a winner at that point!

• Members

Ya just never know.....

We've also tried a few Peppers tunes and they NEVER go over.

• Members

Hmmm... Give It Away does very well for us. Play it at about half our shows, always in the third set...

Yeah, well, admittedly, this was in our more "self-indulgent" era, playing the wrong tunes. Suck My Kiss, Dani, Can't Stop, all flops, despite playing the {censored} out of 'em.

Archived