Halloween Theme'd Song

kgilb

• Members

Last year I rewrote lyrics to songs that I already knew how to play. For example, I changed Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" from "Ooohhh... caught in a bad romance" to "Boooooooo... trapped in a haunted house". Threw a sheet over my head to see if I could play guitar with a ghost costume. Looking in the mirror I thought it works. Thanks for reminding me, I'll get to work on a little Halloween show. Maybe something will come of it.

• Members

You've lost your hearing from too many years playing in bands...?

:lol::rawk:

I don't have trouble at all. Helloween and King Diamond/ Mercyful Fate are pretty different bands. The Keeper Albums sound way different than Don't break the oath or Them

-but that's just my opinion.

• Members

"We're all Big and Scary and can prove it by having songs called "Halloween". If we get lucky, maybe we'll even get something on a Horror Movie soundtrack."

Sorry. No offense to heavy metal fans. I've just always had a bit of a bug up my arse about the genre because I always found it to be somewhat childish and exploitative while its fans usually believed it was somehow more authentic and superior to more 'pop' forms of rock.

Plus I've not been feeling well and been in a bit of a bad mood the last couple of days. Played a gig on Wednesday with the stomach flu which was miserable for me, and I'm not yet fully recovered which is making the idea of travelling out of town for 2 gigs this weekend seem completely unappealing at this particular moment.

• Members

To be fair, neither of those bands are known for particularly insightful lyrics. King Diamond's more of a horror-themed storyteller (The vast majority of his albums are concept albums centering around a particular story)...and well, Helloween had an album called Pink Bubbles Go Ape. (Which should also shoot down your "big and scary" thing. Helloween's about as light-hearted as you can get.)

• Members

To be fair, neither of those bands are known for particularly insightful lyrics. King Diamond's more of a horror-themed storyteller (The vast majority of his albums are concept albums centering around a particular story)...and well, Helloween had an album called Pink Bubbles Go Ape. (Which should also shoot down your "big and scary" thing. Helloween's about as light-hearted as you can get.)

I'm not a Helloween fan, so I can't really comment on the specificity of their lyrical content. But any light-hearted band that thinks "Helloween" is a clever name in the first place either has a very strange idea of "light-hearted" or are just plain idiots.

• Members

Out of all the power metal bands I always liked them the best. Yes I even enjoyed Chameleon for what it was... NOT really a metal album though...

Michael Kiske IMO has always had a great voice and his voice has aged well. (his solo stuff while not metal still have some great vocals on them and some really great songs too) The singer they have now Andy Deris is good but different and they have adopted a darker sound compared to the Kiske era.

No offense taken Guido some people don't like metal... just like I don't really like gangsta rap.

Personally metal is my favorite genre of music, especially power/prog metal. I can listen to helloween keeper part II anywhere anytime and still love the {censored} out of it. Silly lyrics and all!

Archived