Clip from last week's gig: The Good, The Bad and The Whatever...

• Members

I posted this before in this forum, but I think it illustrates what I am saying. While it is technically mediocre audio quality it is at least passable, again, even though the video is dog{censored} lol.

Edit: By the way, this video was made while we were still struggling a bit with volume. Notice you can hear the crowd but NOBODY is really hanging in front of the band?

:lol: metal edge to Bad Comapny not hardly listen to 5 Finger Death Punch to Bad Company Bad Company.

[video=youtube;pNHlVo0cPa8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNHlVo0cPa8

Dave's band kind of did this version

[video=youtube;ol4MaEPayv0]

• Members

:confused:

Okay one more time so you can understand Chirovett states your version has a metal edge to it and IMO not even close to metal nor remotely close to metal compared to what 5FDP did with old Bad Company tune and made it metal version. Sorry I don't know how to quote the exact words and only know how to use the whole quote feature.

• Members

Okay one more time so you can understand Chirovett states your version has a metal edge to it and IMO not even close to metal nor remotely close to metal compared to what 5FDP did with old Bad Company tune and made it metal version. Sorry I don't know how to quote the exact words and only know how to use the whole quote feature.

OK. Yeah, you guys put way too much thought into this stuff sometimes. Metal? Rock? Blues? I dunno. It's just music. It's just a cover of an old rock tune.

All I know is somebody posted that Susannah Hoffs version which I liked and thought that my band could play that version pretty well and either of my singers would sing the hell out of it and people would like it. Which we have and they do.

My guitarist cranks the distortion a bit more? Yeah, he does. I don't care one way or the other. It sounds fine to me either way. Does that make it more "metal"? :idk:

• Members

OK. Yeah, you guys put way too much thought into this stuff sometimes. Metal? Rock? Blues? I dunno. It's just music. It's just a cover of an old rock tune.

All I know is somebody posted that Susannah Hoffs version which I liked and thought that my band could play that version pretty well and either of my singers would sing the hell out of it and people would like it. Which we have and they do.

My guitarist cranks the distortion a bit more? Yeah, he does. I don't care one way or the other. It sounds fine to me either way. Does that make it more "metal"?
:idk:

Yea your probably right but tell your guitarist he doesn't have to shoe gaze when the song is over with and it's safe to look up LOL

• Members

:thu: I love that old disco. The girls are awesome with great interplay together. Everybody did a great solo! Nice smooth, tight arrangement. Personally I don't have a problem with your guitarists lack of movement since it's a big band with lots to look at like the 2 girls, an animated bass player and keyboard player. Now if he was a in 3 piece it would be pretty boring...:lol:

My only critic is that if I was doing a guitar solo over that tune I'd do it in a George Benson/Wes Montgomery style. ;)

I don't move around much anymore myself but at least I can still do the pose and make the face...:lol:

I also don't sling the guitar low like Johnny Ramone anymore either...:facepalm:

• Members

You need to teach your girls some of Susannah's moves. I forget how freaking hot she was.

:lol: Yeah, she's hot.

When I brought up the song and sent out the video the girls responded "I'll sing it like that as long as I don't have to dance like that". I agreed. We're a family-friendly act...

• Members

My only critic is that if I was doing a guitar solo over that tune I'd do it in a George Benson/Wes Montgomery style.
;)

I'd like to hear that! My guy doesn't play that style. But he usually plays that solo with a clean tone. That day he didn't. I like mixing up solo patches as well.

I gave up working with him on being more animated years ago. He's just isn't. But there are more important things. I'm really, really fortunate that I'm never starting threads bitching about my bandmates. We all get along great. The 4 guys have been doing this together going on 10 years now. He's a total team player, never complains about not liking the latest current pop song we're learning , and shows up to rehearsal with his parts learned and ready to go. So visually, we decided to essentially switch the traditional bass and guitar player roles and put him up on a riser next to the drummer and the bass player down front working the crowd. (Can't really tell from this stage configuration) I never hear any comments about it so I presume it's working fine.

Find the right people to work with, work with what you got, and be the best band you can be out of what you have. That's all any of us can do!

• Members

Great band!!----the ONLY thing missing is (as Guido stated in the original post) is the lack of a Banner,or contact info---

Not everyone will approach the band,but everyone has a cell-phone camera,and if they like the band,and maybe want to hire them in the future,they could take a quick pic,and carry that around ,like a business card.If the name of the band,etc,is in the pic..there ya go!

• Members

Great band!!----the ONLY thing missing is (as Guido stated in the original post) is the lack of a Banner,or contact info---

Not everyone will approach the band,but everyone has a cell-phone camera,and if they like the band,and maybe want to hire them in the future,they could take a quick pic,and carry that around ,like a business card.If the name of the band,etc,is in the pic..there ya go!

Yep. Always need to have the name "out there". We have business cards spread out on the subs and everyone has some in their pockets. Our usually backdrop is a truss of lighting with a video screen behind us that plays random lighting images and effects and displays our logo during the breaks. But since was a daytime/outdoor gig that obviously wasn't going to happen. We have a banner that we rarely use and, as such, we forgot to throw it in the trailer. Fortunately the kick-drum head has our logo on it.

Wasn't all lost though---we did book a very-lucrative wedding that day. :thu:

Nice to hear all the comments and criticisms though. I don't post much live video because what I get is either usually hand-held stuff that is rarely an entire song and is most focused on getting crowd shots I can use for promo; or if I have it up on a tri-pod you can't see the band through the dancers.

• Members

I think he has mirrors on his shoes so he can look up the girls' skirts.

:lol: ha ha guess he was checking the mirror for pick dust after the song was done.

I doubt most folks care with the chick singers you have. Beside bands that have folks fronting them. Most folks really don't pay much attention to the back line musicians unless they train wreck or do some thing that brings attention to themselves.

Archived