Post your racks!!

• Members

I *LOVE* my Egnater gear; but with it I use my 2/90/2 + an effects unit, plus a tuner, plus a wireless, plus a power unit...so I'm then up to at least 8 spaces...With my Boogie shock mount racks, that means I can no longer carry the bitch without help. I had the AxeFX for MONTHS before I sat down with it for a LONG time and tweaked the hell out of it to get what I wanted. It's not something you can quickly switch to without a lot of tweaking. Since I'm gigging regularly, I want something light and easy for me to move on my own. The AxeFX and PowerBlocks weighs next to nothing and fits in my car as opposed to needing to drive my SUV.

I love the Boogie Shock racks, I've got three (12, 8, 6) but they are just so heavy and hard to move around quickly and easily. Hustling them upstairs is a chore and I'm more about portability these days. With my 6 space SKB on wheels, with an AxeFX, powerblocks, tuner and wireless, I can do everything plus more than my huge rack could do and don't have to pay for it in tone loss. Key is spending a silly amount of time with the AxeFX to really dial it in.

You can get 90% of the way there quick and easy, but the last 10% takes much time and patience.

Doubt I'd ever get rid of my Boogie racks though, they're hard to come by anymore and aren't too cheap. I do have a truckload of SKB racks I'd love to part with though! :)

QUOTE=ned911;34333882]Damn dude. How are you liking the AxeFx over the M4? I tried the Axe but it requires to much tweaking for me but it did sound good.

If you want to sell some SUS-4 rails let me know. My 8 space case needs some rear rack rails.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Updated! I am about 95% done with my rack now. The only problem I am having is the Rolls RP93s isn't working properly. I am getting a loud squealing from loops 2 & 3. It has been sent back for repair/replacement.

The JMP-1 was having issues so I returned it and put the money towards a Fractal Axe-FX. Had to sell a couple of items to finish paying for it.

Here is my setup:

• Furman PL-Pro Series II Power Conditioner

• Mesa/Boogie 20/20 Stereo Power Amp

• TC Electronic G-Major Multi-Effects Processor

• ART Pro Audio 343 Dual Channel 15-Band EQ

• Rolls RFX93s PathWork Switcher (out for repair)

• Fractal Axe-FX

• Soldano SP-77 Series II Preamp (USA 1992)

• Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (1989)

The rack cabinet is from Pearson Cases and is built really nice. 15U and 2 inch hidden wheels.

RackAmp01.jpg

• Members

tell me what you think. it's simple but ballsy.. it will be running stereo avatar 2x12 cabs loaded V30's... comments

IMG_0332.jpg

furman power conditioner M-8D

korg dtr 1000

ada mp1 preamp

tc g sharp for basic effects. im not a effects user so this will do...

peavey classic 50/50 power amp

i

• Members

tell me what you think. it's simple but ballsy.. it will be running stereo avatar 2x12 cabs loaded V30's... comments

IMG_0332.jpg

furman power conditioner M-8D

korg dtr 1000

ada mp1 preamp

tc g sharp for basic effects. im not a effects user so this will do...

peavey classic 50/50 power amp

i

I have had or still have all of those same pieces (including the Avatar 2x12's with V30's.

I found that with the ADA into a 50/50 and into the Avatars that it never had enough low end. Then again, I'm accustomed to Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12's which have tons of low end...I wanted to like the Avatars, but they just didn't cut it for me. Possibly a Parametric EQ might be worth trying if you find the same issue as I did...

• Members

WTF? I really don't get all this backlash against Zachman. To my eyes, he's never been anything but helpful to people on here. Opinionated, for sure (but then aren't we all when it comes to our gear), and very proud of his rig (rightly so) but there's really no call for all the personal attacks on here. I don't get it. Thankfully HRI is a much more tolerant and civilised place than the HC forums.

Did you ever see his posts in the effects-forum? He constantly belittled and riddiculed everyone for not realising how inferior pedals was compared to his rig of awesomeness. Every single of his post was passive agressive attempts at starting a fight, and most of those arguments enden with him saying that everyone who disagreed with him did it because they where jealous of his rig. Sure, some people did say dumb crap like "rack belongs in the 80s", but he assumed that the whole forum agreed with that and tried to shoehorn racks vs pedals into every single topic. I guess he was calmer around here where everyone is using racks already.

• Members

Did you ever see his posts in the effects-forum? He constantly belittled and riddiculed everyone for not realising how inferior pedals was compared to his rig of awesomeness. Every single of his post was passive agressive attempts at starting a fight, and most of those arguments enden with him saying that everyone who disagreed with him did it because they where jealous of his rig. Sure, some people did say dumb crap like "rack belongs in the 80s", but he assumed that the whole forum agreed with that and tried to shoehorn racks vs pedals into every single topic. I guess he was calmer around here where everyone is using racks already.

^^ Wat he said!

• Members

I'm in awe of this rack! Absolutely crushing, virtually (and literally...LOL). I wish it was mine!

thanks man. I do love it, but I have to keep breaking it down and just pulling the rackto and a single cab in order to move it effeciently and due to space limittations.:facepalm:

however, when it's up and running in it's full stereo glory and the pre amps slave mesa to marshall or vice versa, it's full on tone-boner:love:

• Members

My gurlfriend sez what's the deal with all these rax w/out any shock absorbing components? The first time a roadie drops yer kit every item mounted on the rails

is going to be bent or worse, hammered dog{censored} with a cord! Does that foam surround

stuff provide any measure of safety? My rax are suspended on legit shock as found in Mesa/Boogie racks.

She's got a valid concern from where I sit....

• Members

My gurlfriend sez what's the deal with all these rax w/out any shock absorbing components? The first time a roadie drops yer kit every item mounted on the rails

is going to be bent or worse, hammered dog{censored} with a cord! Does that foam surround

stuff provide any measure of safety? My rax are suspended on legit shock as found in Mesa/Boogie racks.

She's got a valid concern from where I sit....

You let other people touch your gear?

• Members

You let other people touch your gear?

Maybe he can afford that ;)

He's got a point though... I have a shockmount rack, and it's an 8 space... makes me feel much safer. Also, it's the Mesa Sus-4 type, so there's PLENTY of ventilation. On the other hand, it's not like you see many shockmounted heads out there...

• Members

WTF? I really don't get all this backlash against Zachman. To my eyes, he's never been anything but helpful to people on here. Opinionated, for sure (but then aren't we all when it comes to our gear), and very proud of his rig (rightly so) but there's really no call for all the personal attacks on here. I don't get it. Thankfully HRI is a much more tolerant and civilised place than the HC forums.

+1

That's how I saw his comments as well. It seemed the folks responding to his diatribes were the {censored} disturbers. Thankfully the interweb has summoned all the fakers & perpetrators so I won't have to deal with them in the Real.

BTW,

His recent post at TGP is just a portrait of hisself sporting a {censored} eating grin in a way too small room some where in the Islands.

• Members

Maybe he can afford that
;)

He's got a point though... I have a shockmount rack, and it's an 8 space... makes me feel much safer. Also, it's the Mesa Sus-4 type, so there's PLENTY of ventilation. On the other hand, it's not like you see many shockmounted heads out there...

xelderx, Yep! I'm not about to do it. I've got a gig to worry about.

methusalem,. Heads go in flight cases. My rack is also the Mesa 8-space and your comment about the adequate ventilation is equally as valid as my concern. :cool:

I'd better shoot some pics before I get called out.:poke:

• Members

xelderx, Yep! I'm not about to do it. I've got a gig to worry about.

methusalem,. Heads go in flight cases. My rack is also the Mesa 8-space and your comment about the adequate ventilation is equally as valid as my concern.
:cool:

I'd better shoot some pics before I get called out.:poke:

Flight cases is actually why I'm switching to a full rack-setup... I'd rather have a good 4-space shock rack with power amp + preamp than a head in a flight case... guess I'm just on the odd side.

• Members

my latest incarnation:

Rig_2.jpg
** The Axcess unit switches the ADA MP-1 / Soldano SP-77 / Wylde Overdrive in/out signal chain.

Did you go and draw lines on the Soldano knobs? Why would you go and do that? You can't see white lines on off-white knobs? You need to know what your settings are or something? ;)

(I have been debating doing the same with mine.)

Archived