Post your racks!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by tats_dragon

How does the Mosvalve compare to the 60/60? I used to have a TG raxx too. I looking into getting another one. You know Peavey will send you free knobs.

Jun

The Peavey60/60 is a little better at hi volume as it compresses a lot more.At small club volume the sound is relatively the same.The TG raxx is in my opinion Fender blackface in a rack.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Greaves

What's that unit at the bottom - some kind of power conditioner?

BTW - Just played 'Aphex' from your band site - cool stuff, good luck with that
:thu::)

unfortunatly no, its just a 12 way power distribution thingy. i'd love to get a decent power conditioner, some of the venues we play have really bad, dirty power.

cheers for listening to the music too. fingers crossed you'll be hearing more from us in the following months ;)

• Members

Originally posted by dmk

unfortunatly no, its just a 12 way power distribution thingy. i'd love to get a decent power conditioner, some of the venues we play have really bad, dirty power...

A cheap option is a computer UPS (Uninteruptable Power Supply). Make sure you buy the 'true-online dual-conversion' type though, as others are not suitable. Also ensure it is rated high enough to supply your whole rack's wattage.

This unit will maintain power for a few minutes in the event of a power cut (which is useful for safely shutting-down delicate processors) but more importantly, it provides an isolated, stable, regulated voltage and noise filtering.

I got mine (below) for

• Members

Originally posted by boogieman_dan

Here's a current shot.

guitarslinger,

Where's the Triaxis and how do you run your DHP-33???

Dan,

the triaxis is just chilling on the floor. The verdict is still out. I might like the tone just as much on the triaxis as on the access. however, the access has infinite routing options.

I run the dhp33 in the parallel loop B on the access. It meshes perfectly. It works better than ever. I had to run the line mixer and the flash when I used the dhp33 with the triaxis.

currently, the flash is switching between the jc120, the access, and the blue angel combo.

the line mixer is currently disengaged, as is the gread divide splitter. the great divide and flash are awesome!!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Greaves

A cheap option is a computer UPS (Uninteruptable Power Supply). Make sure you buy the 'true-online dual-conversion' type though, as others are not suitable. Also ensure it is rated high enough to supply your whole rack's wattage.

This unit will maintain power for a few minutes in the event of a power cut (which is useful for safely shutting-down delicate processors) but more importantly, it provides an isolated, stable, regulated voltage and noise filtering.

I got mine (below) for

• Members

alot of gear for probably small venue local gigs.... *laffs!

i bet it takes a while to set up.... Me, i prefer simplistic... i use a dual 300w yamaha powered mixer and either my 4-10" top and bottom marshall stack or my PR12" (400w rms) cabs. Being i play guitar/bass/keys i need something clean for the bass and keys, for my gtr i just use my Digitech GNX4.

However i do have a rack in my bedroom for recording thats loaded.. it stands about 4' and a 6 space skb on top of that for mixdown or live stage recording...

Yet, i too am guilty of having monster equipment in my younger days (it helped with my vocal training breathing exercises), i had a pa that i could walk into my bottom end jbl scoops, dont miss those days...

if u go to the classified section of harmony central u will see what i have for sale minus the pearce 1-12" cab i just sold it to a jazzer in chicago yesterday... i will be adding more to it soon.

for civic centers and bigger venues i just hire a sound man let him haul all that stuff and i still sound like i have as much as u do in your pics ...

when i played margaritaville in key west jimmy buffets sound man ran our sound from the balcony and all i used then (i only played gtr then) 30w marshall combo.

if u make a mistake and go back to fix it u have then made two mistakes... & if u hesitate youre late!

• Members

crossingpoint_brandon.jpg

.SKB 6 space Rack

.Phonic PPC 9000E

.Mesa/Boogie Triaxis Preamp (V2 with FatMod)

.Korg A3 Perfomance Processor

.Mesa/Boogie Simul-Class 2:Ninety poweramp (w/JJ 6L6's)

.Carvin Legacy 4x12 (w/Celestion Vintage 30's)

.Korg FC6 Foot Controller

.Ibanez Prestige SZ2020FM

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived