Martin GPC-X2E vs ???

Misha

• Members
On 4/3/2024 at 5:13 PM, BeeLectro said:

The brass bridge pins on the Storia 3 have a big effect on the tone. Don't lose them !

I hope I won't lose or break any!! 

• Members
On 4/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, Misha said:

I hope I won't lose or break any!! 

You might lose one but it should be fairly difficult to break a brass bridge pin. BTW, put me in the column that says bridge pins don't have that much effect on tone. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

You might lose one but it should be fairly difficult to break a brass bridge pin. BTW, put me in the column that says bridge pins don't have that much effect on tone. YMMV.

And they are easily replaced...

• Members
15 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Me too. . . .  or how about zero?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Years ago on an acoustic guitar forum I said I could hear the difference between plastic and wooden bridge pins, and started a controversy.

So this guy shows up with all kinds of equipment for analyzing sound and does all kinds of tests comparing plastic and wooden bridge pins. He comes back with the results and says yes, there is a sonic difference between plastic and wooden bridge pins and it falls within the range of NORMAL HUMAN HEARING.

The best forumites are the ones that tell other people what they can and cannot hear, what they should and should not think, etc.

Edit: Freeman Keller did the pin tests.

Edited by BeeLectro