VOMIT 2022

daddymack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
15 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

Quite nice, although I was expecting a vocal.

Thanks...you should know not to expect anything normal from me by now😉

During that era, I was singing primarily backups with my then band 'small CROWD', but I was writing a ton of music for one of the lyricists in the band.

What are the rules here for posting music..I know it is about one take, and this is probably the only non-multitrack original I have; that said most of the tracks I record are done in one take, because they were intended to be a notepad, rather than a finished piece fully produced. Many were recorded on my Guild D25 acoustic as a scratch track, which I usually just left, and then tracks like bass and drums were added. So would I be permitted to post some of the more complex '4track' [with ping-pongs] material I did in the 90s, as long as the tracks were all done in one take? And ...I actually do sing on some...:eek2:

I have put a few on that soundcloud page, some of which y'all might enjoy...[or not?]

• Members
2 hours ago, daddymack said:

Thanks...you should know not to expect anything normal from me by now😉

During that era, I was singing primarily backups with my then band 'small CROWD', but I was writing a ton of music for one of the lyricists in the band.

What are the rules here for posting music..I know it is about one take, and this is probably the only non-multitrack original I have; that said most of the tracks I record are done in one take, because they were intended to be a notepad, rather than a finished piece fully produced. Many were recorded on my Guild D25 acoustic as a scratch track, which I usually just left, and then tracks like bass and drums were added. So would I be permitted to post some of the more complex '4track' [with ping-pongs] material I did in the 90s, as long as the tracks were all done in one take? And ...I actually do sing on some...:eek2:

I have put a few on that soundcloud page, some of which y'all might enjoy...[or not?]

The original concept of VOM1T was to hold a monthly "virtual open mic, one take". viz. to emulate an actual open mic session, warts and all. It was started and originally hosted by long-gone member "Stackabones". After Stackabones stopped posting it was taken on by Michael Martin - also long-gone - and finally by myself. I moved it to an annual, "sticky" event where people can post whenever they wish a few years ago because not many people were posting in the monthly sessions. As it developed it became a pretty much do-as-you-please thing.

The original sessions are still available on a site maintained by member "Ohio Arrow".

Here is a link: http://village.melodyvine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=7e9427f2ce3d00d287e213e9b85de63e

• Moderators
18 hours ago, garthman said:

Well it's not very lively LOL so feel free to post whatever you want - will be good to hear stuff.

from 1990...each track in one take...considering it is 10+ minutes long, the initial acoustic track runs the entire length...:cool2:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...