Look what Sandy Paws brought me!

badpenguin

• Members

Hey all, about a week or so before Katmas (if you have cats, you understand) my wife was looking at eBay. I get this call from the other room, "You like Roadstars, right?" And she shows me this guitar. It's an RG 240 from 87. Ok... interested, but never really bonded with the modern RGs. I get one, play it for a few weeks, and it gets sold off. But this one.... is interesting. First off, 22 fret neck, which I prefer. 2 singles and a hum, nice, and a Powerocker DX trem bridge. ok, VERY interested now!  (This was one of the transition models from the Roadstars to the RGs.) A Roadstar neck, which I happen to LOVE it's roundness, and a nice arm bevel on the body. Then looking at the serial number, noticed the "P". "P" stands for PEERLESS!!!! And a case! (Ok, it's a cheap pressed board case, but still, it's a case.) Then she saw the price, and before I could say a word, she hit the BIN button. 

GEDC1739.thumb.JPG.dfd9364fdd8a0c2991e413bd21b1a478.JPG

GEDC1740.thumb.JPG.b5c360679c15ffeef32b5aaa5b334ff9.JPG

GEDC1741.thumb.JPG.b5ba3ed27b8f260d4e0c5af370afdec6.JPG

GEDC1742.thumb.JPG.ea132f8501435ab17cae723c79c3d958.JPG

@Daddymack will love it, since it's black. And the BIN price you ask? 39.00 with 21.00 shipping!!!! 

Plays very nicely with a minimum setup needed. Has every single original screw, including the stupidly rare locking nut parts, and even the original trem bar. And is a Peerless to boot! Happy Katmas to me!!

• Like 2

• Moderators

HN[U]GD....love the color, indeed!:thu:

Fun guitars, to be sure, although not my cup of tea....but for under a C-note? Such a deal! 😎

Back in the mid/late 80s, Ibby Roadstars were all over the metal/hard rock scene here [So Cal], largely due to the locking nut/trem system being already built in...the p-up combos of H-S-S were favored, although I saw some H-S-H versions [mods?:idk:]...everybody wanted to be Eddie/Randy back then...

A good friend, and guitar 'collector' [primarily old hollowbody Gibsons] even bought one. He didn't play metal, but was enamored of all the potential of the locking trem.

About 25+ years ago, someone brought me one of the early Roadstars and asked me to mod it...not pots, trem, tuners...the body! He wanted to take the 'horns' off completely. He wanted something like the old Vox teardrop look, but I was not quite willing to go that far [because they are not good to play sitting down except in classical position], and so I gave him several sketches, with the admonishment that the balance would move to the headstock absent the removed body weight. He said he didn't care about the balance, and we finally arrived at a design that I thought would still balance somewhat, retained a semblance of the lower horn [but greatly reduced the lower horn to a Florentine cutaway] and 'gracefully' had the upper neck joint 'sweep' meet the lower body contour. I also 'squared  off' the tip of the head stock; I wish I still had the pics, it came out pretty cool...had it painted a deep sparkle blue [including the front of the head stock] by one of the few guys I used to trust for 'fancy finishes'.

It balanced okay, better than my old SG, for sure😉...I think the only thing that saved the balance was the mass of the locking trem....😉

• Members
16 minutes ago, badpenguin said:

President? No, speaker of the house perhaps. :)

GEDC1738.thumb.JPG.e09076c64cdd01ed6aa95c9170466aca.JPG

All of these are Ibanez made. 

I would love to have a dedicated guitar room. The kids moved out and I looked at the bedrooms but somehow they’re still storing they’re stuff there. 
Nice setup 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, gardo said:

I would love to have a dedicated guitar room. The kids moved out and I looked at the bedrooms but somehow they’re still storing they’re stuff there. 
Nice setup 

rent a Pod and charge them for the monthly...they will get their $#!+ relocated elsewhere😉

• Haha 2