Tripping over surplus gear

• Members

Thre's not any 50' XLR cables, that I'm sure of, maybe a couple 20'. We'll see what happens. Mostly shorter cables, lots of 1/4", some XLR cables and adapters, some bulk cable, connectors, it's a lot of parts and cables that can be transformed into something useful, some can be used as is too. Some are new/used cables minus an end, or whatever. Some 1/4" speaker cables too, but nothing really good. Plenty to cut up for jumpers and patch cables.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well if you have anything left over afterwards that i can use it'll help. being a broke musician sucks ! i'm handy with a solder gun so bulk cable would be nice.

Oh and the 50' cables..

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Mic_Instr_Cables/SLMA/SLMN/SLMN_cutsheet.shtml

i just checked the site again and saw they had cheaper ones. those are just the first ones i clicked on.

• Members

well if you have anything left over afterwards that i can use it'll help. being a broke musician sucks ! i'm handy with a solder gun so bulk cable would be nice.

Oh and the 50' cables..

i just checked the site again and saw they had cheaper ones. those are just the first ones i clicked on.

SLMA are

• Members

Do you have any RCF 851s in 4 ohm, Paul.

That's an L18/851 that was used in some EAW boxes right? I recall reconing a bunch and made them 8 ohm so the customer wouldn't keep smoking them. 5000VZ into a 4 ohm driver, even in stereo mode was too much for those knuckleheads. Cost of reconing was steep too.

IIRC, they use a fairly heavy cone and the new recone kits used the inside-outside voice coil.

I don't have any 18's in 4 ohm except for a JBL 2241 that's currentyly in for a recone.

• Members

got any imperial widgets? i need one for my frimfram jobber, seems it blimed the perry something wiggy.

Nope, but found a couple of muffler bearings, and my long lost stash of flux capacitors.

Actually, I did find a fairly rare and unique active DI built by HiTech Audio in the UK. It has parallel inputs and 2 seperate transformer isolated XLR outputs, each selectable pin 2 or 3 hot. Has a grpound lift switch, input sensitivity switch (0-50dB attenuation in 10dB steps), speaker emulation filter, peak LED, low battery LED and phantom power LED. In a die cast enclosure.

It to is available, make offer.

• Members
my long lost stash of flux capacitors.

Are those the ones you lost in 2012? ;)

[...] DI built by HiTech Audio [...] speaker emulation filter

Just curious what year it's from and if maybe you remember when the first "speaker emulation filter" was commercially available? :)

• Members

Are those the ones you lost in 2012? ;)Just curious what year it's from and if maybe you remember when the first "speaker emulation filter" was commercially available?
:)

Yup, them's the ones!

Good question actually... the first emulation filters were probably beginning to show up in the late 60's or early 70's, relatively late compared with guitar amps. Don't know for sure though.

Archived