Best MI powered sub?

• Members

need more info..

kind of band, whats being mic'd, other PA stuff you have, budget, size of gigs you intend to play?

sorry...

to sum it up, we used just one of these the other night and it seems to add just the right amount of low end... but they seem discontinued...

mackiesub.jpg

• Members

it's 700 watts I think

There are 2 versions. The more powerful version is about as good as you're going to get for the size of the box as far as SPL. Not a great design for the best sounding box, but it has a lot of output. I have 2 sitting in the garage.

• Members

Anyone have a suggestion?

I have a couple of suggestions.

1) An acceptable MI Grade powered sub is an Urban Sub Myth.:poke:

2) Anything small, powered, and decent means PRX518s,Yorkville LS720,LS700P, and such.

Thumps are for Chumps, and the LS200P is cute, but not enough sub.

If price is concern....think used.;)

• Members

http://www.proaudiostar.com/servlet/the-3864/proel-america,Proel-America-FLASH15SA,flash,15sa,Active/Detail

Thank you.;)

97db 1w1m plus just over 28db theoretical peak gain.

125+ db theoretical peak max.:rolleyes:

Maybe 122 db measured spl peak max on a good day, going downhill, with the wind behind it.:facepalm:

Case and point......:cool:

• Members
Thank you.
;)

97db 1w1m plus just over 28db theoretical peak gain.

125+ db theoretical peak max.
:rolleyes:

Maybe 122 db measured spl peak max on a good day, going downhill, with the wind behind it.
:facepalm:

Case and point......
:cool:

its a great little sub for what it is. I've tried mine next to Yorkie LS720and JBL EON518 and they keep up just fine. You have to decide how much sub you need and choose accordingly.

• Members

This Sat. I thought I would try running my Proel subs a little different , instead of using the built in xover I used my Samson S3 xover, then like tlbonehead said he runs his subs, with the level set all the way, I thought why not, I'll just run the snot out of these things and see what happens, Holy crap! was I stunned these things just floored me.I'm so glad tlbonehead found these little Jewels!, I couldn't be happier.Here is how I ran the setup, maybe, it is not the right way, but to keep the keyboard player out of the sub since he likes to play Bass lines which means stepping on me, something I can't stand. Anyway I run everything paned left except Bass and kick which is paned right. I run from the left side of the mixer to the crossover and take the high out to the tops, then the right to the crossover low out from there to the subs, This time I thought I'll pan a little kick to the left or tops for a little attack man what a difference. I love these little things. I will be the first to admit there are better subs out there but for $ 450.00 apiece these rock.Enough said.

Archived