Best MI powered sub?

• Members

This time I thought I'll pan a little kick to the left or tops for a little attack man what a difference. I love these little things. I will be the first to admit there are better subs out there but for $ 450.00 apiece these rock.Enough said.

Yes, you want to put "the tops" in the mix for your low instruments. In fact, depending on your gain structure you'll likely want it almost pan centered as you want the attack. Biggest benefit is it tightens up the low end as you don't have open mics puking lows into the subs. Vocals only come through the tops which really clarifies the sound.

• Members

This Sat. I thought I would try running my Proel subs a little different , instead of using the built in xover I used my Samson S3 xover, then like tlbonehead said he runs his subs, with the level set all the way, I thought why not, I'll just run the snot out of these things and see what happens, Holy crap! was I stunned these things just floored me.I'm so glad tlbonehead found these little Jewels!, I couldn't be happier.Here is how I ran the setup, maybe, it is not the right way, but to keep the keyboard player out of the sub since he likes to play Bass lines which means stepping on me, something I can't stand. Anyway I run everything paned left except Bass and kick which is paned right. I run from the left side of the mixer to the crossover and take the high out to the tops, then the right to the crossover low out from there to the subs, This time I thought I'll pan a little kick to the left or tops for a little attack man what a difference. I love these little things. I will be the first to admit there are better subs out there but for $ 450.00 apiece these rock.Enough said.

You should play around with the sub on a AUX channel that works good too. That way you can still choose to keep out nasty keys and can put your bass in the mid/highs.

• Members
Yes, you want to put "the tops" in the mix for your low instruments. In fact, depending on your gain structure you'll likely want it almost pan centered as you want the attack. Biggest benefit is it tightens up the low end as you don't have open mics puking lows into the subs. Vocals only come through the tops which really clarifies the sound.

Yes tighten the low end, I didn't know how to put it in to words but that is exactly what it did thanks for the clarification.

Archived