JBL PRX 512M

• Members

I believe the Titan 12 Active does and I know the Behringer B412DSP's I have do
:cool:
. The Peavey PR12D's I have don't
:(

The Titan's front blue LED ring (around the horn) is on at all times, it simply indicated power on. There are a few powered speakers with LEDs at the front to indicate clip status. RCFs art series comes to mind (the lights can be assigned to the front or back of the speaker).

Al

• Members
The Titan's front blue LED ring (around the horn) is on at all times, it simply indicated power on.

I thought I read that it flashes red when limiting? The block diagram in their manual shows the blue ring being powered by the "limit detection"? The Behringer B412DSP's don't actually document it but the power light on the front flashes red when limiting. I seem to remember the first generation EON subs doing that too?

• Members

Once the operators noticed the lights coming on, it was all over.

One of my projects uses some old JBL speakers in our rehearsal space. I'm not sure what model they are ... I suspect they're some sort of home stereo speakers (small 8 inch speakers...). We've got four of 'em mounted on the side of duct soffet that comes down rough 6" - directly in front of us - which puts 'em maybe 2-3 feet in front of our faces. We drive 'em with a little Mackie powered PA head. These things have light bulb based fuse protection in 'em. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they're using 75 watt bulbs in 'em! The light is very visible! These things flash on and off all rehearsal long - it's like a damn light show!

• Members

Opinion?

Which is the better-
sounding
speaker, the JBL PRX 512m

or the QSC K12?

Just asking...

Tom

I like the 512m better than K12. To be fair I have only heard the k12 in the music store. FWIW I think the QSC hpr 122 actually sound a little better than the 512m.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

For those of you who recommended the PRX-512M's over the QSC-k12's, can you please provide some details as to why. I just placed an order for 5 PRX-512M's to use as monitors (live sound) but my order has be placed on hold because JBL is switching over to the PRX-612M's and no longer shipping the 512M's. However, my supplier can ship the K12's out to me today for $30/box cheaper then what I paid for the 512M's. The other option is waiting on JBL to ship the 612M's hopefully in July. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I would love to know what people think of the k12 vs. the prx612. I'm between the two right now. I'm upgrading from EV Sxa250s which I love to death. The k12 is more expensive, heavier, and the Ksub is less than stellar with that short threaded pole. The k12 gets great reviews and qsc has legendary customer service and warranty. On the other hand, the new prx is lighter, wood cabinet, and the sub offering is significantly better. The prx600 series is cheaper as well. However, there is not one review available for the new prx line. Nothing but the jbl press releases. Can anyone help me with this decision?

• Members

The 600 series is an upgrade to the 500 series. The 500 series, in my mind and ears, sound much better then the K12s. Stay away from the Ksub unless you are in an environment where they are very stable with no chance to get bumped. I believe JBL

• Members

For those of you who recommended the PRX-512M's over the QSC-k12's, can you please provide some details as to why. I just placed an order for 5 PRX-512M's to use as monitors (live sound) but my order has be placed on hold because JBL is switching over to the PRX-612M's and no longer shipping the 512M's. However, my supplier can ship the K12's out to me today for $30/box cheaper then what I paid for the 512M's. The other option is waiting on JBL to ship the 612M's hopefully in July. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So are they shipping you 612s for the same price as the 512s?... that'd be a sweet deal. Otherwise, do you NEED monitors RIGHT NOW... or can you wait? Which speaker would "match" the rest of your system?

Archived