JBL PRX 512M

• Members

You might just want to stick with the 512s. They are loud, light and sound great. A single small sub with the 512s would be easier to move and offer great sound. I have nothing against the 535s but you might be very happy with the 512s.

I have always like the clarity and detail of a three way system so I am going to stick with my plans for the 535's in the future. I know they are a little more to lug around but, especially for acoustic, three ways have my vote.:)

• Members

3 way systems (tops) are not always or even generally more clear. It really depends on the specific cabinet, the acoustic environment and especially the coverage pattern that is required. 3 way cabinets with cone mids can exhibit much wider polar patterns in the mids which can be a big problem in some applications.

• Members

I have the 535s and the 512ms. Both sound great IMO. If you are not planning on using subs then the 535 would probably be the way to go. The only downside is getting them up off the ground. They do have a pole mount but the thought of using them on stands scares me.

• Members

I have the 535s and the 512ms. Both sound great IMO. If you are not planning on using subs then the 535 would probably be the way to go. The only downside is getting them up off the ground. They do have a pole mount but the thought of using them on stands scares me.

Mike Pyle might still have some deeply discounted b-stock K&M crank up stands rated for very heavy speakers. I have a pair that I'm comfortable using with my U15p's. Mike recommended weighing down the tripod legs with sand bags, too.

• Members

might still have some deeply discounted b-stock
rated for very heavy speakers. I have a pair that I'm comfortable using with my U15p's. Mike recommended weighing down the tripod legs with sand bags, too.

It is not so much the weight but the height. With those stands you would have a minumum heigth of 8 ft to the top of the 535s.

• Members

Do you use the 535s with subs? Are they the PRX 518s? Do you just sit the 535s on top of the 518s?

• Members

:) thought it was kinda classy looking myself. :thu:

Still can't figure out though, why these companies don't put clip and limit-lights, where they can be seen from the front of the speaker, for the guys running FOH from other than the stage. Discreet LED's, maybe with an on/off switch, for the guys running sound from the stage, who only need the rear limit lights.

Bob

(Countdown begins, 9 more posts to the 1000 mark)

• Members

thought it was kinda classy looking myself.
:thu:

Still can't figure out though, why these companies don't put clip and limit-lights, where they can be seen from the front of the speaker, for the guys running FOH from other than the stage. Discreet LED's, maybe with an on/off switch, for the guys running sound from the stage, who only need the rear limit lights.

Bob

That

• Members
Still can't figure out though, why these companies don't put clip and limit-lights, where they can be seen from the front of the speaker, for the guys running FOH from other than the stage.

I believe the Titan 12 Active does and I know the Behringer B412DSP's I have do :cool:. The Peavey PR12D's I have don't :(.

• Members

:)
thought it was kinda classy looking myself.
:thu:

Bob

(Countdown begins, 9 more posts to the 1000 mark)

I have a friend that is an electrician for a carnival ride company. He was complaining to me about his ride operators constantly blowing the horns on the pa cabs on one of his rides. I told him that wiring a 12v light bulb in series may help to reduce the problem. The next time that I saw him, he told me that the bulbs only made his maintenence problem worse. He was no longer replacing horns, but he had to replace light bulbs at least daily and sometimes more often than that. He said that he installed the bulbs in a place that was visible from the outside of the cab. Once the operators noticed the lights coming on, it was all over.

• Members

Think I have this figured out......correct me if I'm wrong. The VRX/SRX subs take a threaded pole socket, but it appears that all the mid/hi cabs take a 36mm socket.

This is correct. Only the VRX/SRX subs use the threaded poles. The Tops like the SRX712-715 are like any other speaker with a socket.

Archived