NX55P TO RCF 715A or 725 Good upgrade?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what I understand the bass response on the 715 or 725 is not that great. They shine with subs.

NX750P is a good choice to go without subs and get a good bass response. Yes they are not light but realistically they are about as light as he is going to get in one cabinet and still get decent bass.

They are 60 pounds each. I would rather make 2 trips carrying a 60 pound item rather than 4 trips of a 35 pound item, especially if stairs are involved.

• Members

From what I understand the bass response on the 715 or 725 is not that great. They shine with subs.

NX750P is a good choice to go without subs and get a good bass response. Yes they are not light but realistically they are about as light as he is going to get in one cabinet and still get decent bass.

They are 60 pounds each. I would rather make 2 trips carrying a 60 pound item rather than 4 trips of a 35 pound item, especially if stairs are involved.

Hi JoeDirt

You say that the RCF 7xx bass response is not great?

I look at the specifications of rcf and is lighter than NX55P and only 1 inch larger on each side ..

The NX750P is almost double in size.

I'll go listen to the rcf tomorrow but it will be hard to compare with my NX55P NX750P or, as it has not in hand to compare.

The seller said that the rcf are much more powerful than NX750P and better bass, but it remains a seller ......

this my old test last years for change my ls700p for 2 ls720p and try the NX750P

img7901.jpg

• Members

The size and depth of the NX750P has a lot to do with its superior bass response. The RCF cabinets are simply too small for a 15'' woofer to work as effictively as it could. Actually, the 12'' versions of those cabs HAVE better bass response than their 15'' brothers. No {censored}. The graph clearly shows how quickly the bass falls below 80hz in the RCF. My ART310A is spec'd down to 50hz, but NO WAY is it producing much output below 80hz. Honestly, it sounds very similar to the NX55P BUT with the 100hz filter engaged. Put this 10'' woofer in a bigger deeper bandpass box however, and you'd be surprised how much low end it can produce.

Simply put, you won't find many single powered cabinets (under 65lbs) that can put out more bass than the NX750P. The ZXA5 is one possibility but, $$$$.

Al

• Members

gallery-74842183-500x500.jpg

THAT IS ALL.
:wave:

He is trying his best to write in English. He is making the effort. No problem if you do not want to help him, that is your choice. I don't think you need to be of a certain race, religion or nationality to participate in these forums. He is asking for our help, not to be criticized on his proficiency in the English language.

THAT IS ALL.

• Members

Donc, en general - la NX750P produit beaucoup plus de graves que les RCF et ce surtout a cause des dimensions de celle-ci. Les RCF sont plus compactes et moins lourds mais sont tres limites dans les extremes graves. Il sera difficile de battre la NX750P et de trouver un speaker plus performant (surtout dans les graves) qui est moins lourd et plus petit. Autre que la EV ZX5A deja mentionne qui est tres chere.... Vraiment, 62lbs c'est pas si mal. Pas plaisant a mettre sur des stands MAIS si tu n'a pas besoin d'utiliser des subs, je crois que ca vaut la peine.

Al

• Members

you are close
;)
It simply means :

Nothing at all...

That makes much more sense :) .

BTW is there someplace one can get a listen to your songs? I couldn't find one and wanted to see if my little one would like them :). My ancestors from up that way were Acadien but I guess yous late coming Qu

• Members

That makes much more sense :) .

BTW is there someplace one can get a listen to your songs? I couldn't find one and wanted to see if my little one would like them :). My ancestors from up that way were Acadien but I guess yous late coming Qu

• Members

Didn't you have a CD before this one? I was hopin' to find something off that one
:)

Yep, this will be my second one.

I'll see if I can find something. We used to have samples online, but the website was redone and we lost them...

Al

• Members

Unless I am reading those graphs wrong those tests show how much more low end the NX750P has compared to the 725 and 325. It is quite substantial.

No kidding, by quite a bit too I'd say. I'm almost tempted to buy a pair now that I've seen this test result. Very impressive.

PGTCobra,

Where did you find this information? AudioFanzine?

Bob

• Members

No kidding, by quite a bit too I'd say. I'm almost tempted to buy a pair now that I've seen this test result. Very impressive.

PGTCobra,

Where did you find this information? AudioFanzine?

Bob

Hi Boddy

I have buy some book from Sonomag #304 , #334 and #346

One for 7 PA Subwoofer (FBT Maxx 10SA , KH audio EPX115, IMG Stage Line Psub21 , RCF ART 705 AS , Wharfedale Titan Sub A15, Yamaha MSR800W and Yorkville NX720S

One for 8 PA speaker 15inch (Alto ps5ha ,DAS DS115A,DB Technologies Opera 415, FBT Maxx 5A, JBL Eon 15 G2 , RCF ART 325-A , Samson DB500A and Yorkville NX750P)

One for RCF725 review

Archived