NX55P TO RCF 715A or 725 Good upgrade?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

PGT, that sucks,,, big-time. 5 hour drive, gas $$$$,,, geesh.

I've got a story for you. I went to Montreal (ItalMelodie) to try a Rivera Sedona acoustic combo-amp. I fell in love with it, but I told the salesman I would be back in two hours. I had another amp I wanted to try at another store. I didn't like the other amp, so I went back to ItalMelodie, and said "I'll take it". The price was $1999.

As we are doing the transaction, the store manager interrupts, and says there is a problem here, and the amps' price had gone up to $2395. He said that the salesman who agreed on $1999 was not "authorized" to do so, even though the price was written on the price-tag of the amp, in BIG numbers, I couldn't believe it. I told the manager that two hours ago, it was $1999, and that if he wasn't selling at that price, I'm walking outta here,,,, and I did. He refused to budge.

That amp sat in that store for another 6 months, and the price actually rose to $2795, but they couldn't sell it. A year later, I stopped in, and the amp was still there, and now was marked down to $1895. Regardless, it stayed there. I won't buy a guitar-pick from those bastards. In the past, I've bought maybe $15,000. worth of guitars from them. No more,,,, finitto.

• Members

Is that a flute that does not use neodym is so bad?

It seems to me that magnet is not the main invoice except weight compared to a traditional magnet?

:confused: No offence but I liked your French better and I only know maybe 5 words - English is such a harsh language ;).

Weight and price are the main issues. Some of the lightweight drivers have problems with the neodymium magnet losing its strength from the heat when running at high power levels.

I just ordered a pair of 15" Chinese neo subs in plastic cabs that weigh 37 lbs each - $375 shipped. Just couldn't resist checking those out :eek: ! They have speakons and 3" voice coils so how bad can they be :facepalm: ? Maybe run those under a pair of my PR10's off an IPR1600 for background music and acoustic gigs :cool:.

• Members
:confused:
No offence but I liked your French better and I only know maybe 5 words - English is such a harsh language
;)
. Weight and price are the main issues. Some of the lightweight drivers have problems with the neodymium magnet losing its strength when running at high power levels.

I just ordered a pair of 15" Chinese neo subs in plastic cabs that weigh 37 lbs each - $375 shipped. Just couldn't resist checking those out
:eek:
! Maybe run those under a pair of my PR10's off an IPR1600 for background music and acoustic gigs
:cool:

Hi RoadRanger hehe sorry for my english , i use google translator for many word ;)

Je fais mon possible pour

• Members

Voici un exemple d'un courriel du vendeur...
La RCF 325A fait 400W, 129db. DISPERSION 90x60, driver de 2" en NEODINIUM 53 lb, + petites.

La YORKVILLE NX750P fait: 750W, 126db. 80x50 1.5", en POLYESTER, 62 lbs
Le point de coupure de la yorkville est plus de 100HZ plus haut

• Members
:confused:
No offence but I liked your French better and I only know maybe 5 words - English is such a harsh language
;)

Weight and price are the main issues. Some of the lightweight drivers have problems with the neodymium magnet losing its strength from the heat when running at high power levels.

I just ordered a pair of 15" Chinese neo subs in plastic cabs that weigh 37 lbs each - $375 shipped. Just couldn't resist checking those out
:eek:
! They have speakons and 3" voice coils so how bad can they be
:facepalm:
? Maybe run those under a pair of my PR10's off an IPR1600 for background music and acoustic gigs
:cool:

What subs did you get?

The Art 322a is a nice speaker!

Archived