My NGD - x2

RaVenCAD

• Members

They say good things come in pairs, so I'm hoping that'll hold true for my acquisitions last week.  On Thursday I received a gorgeous Charvel So-Cal in metallic purple from Sweetwater.  Then on Sunday I traded an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra III for an Epiphone Les Paul Plustop Pro/FX FR..  The Epiphone has been modded with some interesting electronics.  It's got the Jimmy Page wiring kit from 920D Customs and a JB/Jazz pickup set.  Their website says it's got 21 different output options with the (4) push/pulls... Coil splits, series, parallel, etc... This is the loudest guitar I've ever owned.  No idea why it's so loud, but it drives my amps really hard.  The previous owner installed that ridiculous D-Tuna on the Floyd and a blocked the trem to be dive only.  So I gotta get a new lock screw and get rid of that junk ASAP.  I'm a little disappointed in the range that the Epi Floyd can dive though. But, I'm a fairly subtle trem user, so it should be ok.  

The Charvel though is quite amazing right out of the box.  It's got an ebony fingerboard and a pair of Duncan Distortions.  Sounds amazing and the feel of that neck is heavenly.  I had a 2016 Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas last year and the feel of the two guitars is very different.  The neck on that one was fatter, more Strat like.  This one is thinner, much closer to my old Charvel 375 that I love so dearly.  A very pleasant surprise.

Oh and on an entirely personal note, I got tickets to see Michael Angelo Batio yesterday..  One of them is the VIP meet and greet/personal lesson before the show.  Should be pretty cool.

IMG-0237.JPG

unnamed.jpg

• Members

I acquired a new set of lock screws and blocks for the bridge last night..  I measured the strings that were on it and apparently the previous owner broke the high E and replaced it with the wrong gauge.  It was a 10-46 set, but he replaced the E with a dang 13....  You can imagine what that did to a Floyd Rose.  So, he just cranked the screws tight on the springs to compensate.  Ugh...  Now it's got 9-42 Elixir Optiwebs and 2 springs, perfectly floated and intonated.  Used guitars can be a real adventure sometimes...  But, it's all good now.  Well, it will be tonight after I adjust the truss rod again.  I like to give them a day to settle before I set the final neck relief and re-intonate.. 

Archived