Got my new EWI case today... a little bummed out...

• Members

So I got my new case today for my MixWiz... it doesn't close together very well. Is this common?

Som of the v shaped sides that are supposed to lock together are bent, possibly damaged in transport? What should I do? :cry:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know the circumstances, but I do know that if I sold you something and you complained on here before (or even while) yuo contacted me, I would be perplexed.

So my answer would be to contact the dealer first, and wait for a reply.

• Members

I don't know the circumstances, but I do know that if I sold you something and you complained on here before (or even while) yuo contacted me, I would be perplexed.

So my answer would be to contact the dealer first, and
wait
for a reply.

Oh, I'm not trying to say anything bad about Audiopile, I'm just upset about the delivery. Its not like Liz walked it to my door, tried handing it to me and dropped it on the tile. It just came crapped up so I'm bummed.

I guess I shouldn't even try a self fix. I'll call them now.

• Members

All good. I have that warm feeling back in my belly. Talked to Liz, she's gonna pop another in the mail to me tomorrow and UPS is gonna suffer a loss due to poor shipping.

Audiopile +1

:D

• Members

All good. I have that warm feeling back in my belly. Talked to Liz, she's gonna pop another in the mail to me tomorrow and UPS is gonna suffer a loss due to poor shipping.

Audiopile +1

I dont know how UPS could damage it that bad, the cases are well built. They must have thrown it off a moving truck.

• Members

Oops:

l_43ebab911f5e42c18421a2e743937fde.jpg

l_95c37a8bfac94598a71081d714d9dd66.jpg

l_da9473b8e8c24463a08a389b66997eaa.jpg

l_662a655fc9c942dc81108ebd74eb7244.jpg

Looks like it was just dropped at a bad angle, right on the corner. Seems like if it fell flat it probably wouldn't have been damaged.

Oh wells. Liz was great, and of course now I'll have no reservations about ordering anything from them in the future! :D

• Members

Audiopile +1

I knew if you talked to Liz she would make it right. She's a sweetie!

• Members

I would think a quick look would have shown that the case was damaged in shipping. It took a very hard fall, possibly from the height of a traveling overhead belt. Those kinds of falls can be very destructive of anything if you know what a freight processing center looks like.

• Members

So my answer would be to contact the dealer first, and
wait
for a reply.

:idea: I just shake my head when the overly obvious seems to get totally ignored.

• Members

damn. that box is messed up! they are built to take a quite a beating so i imagine the forces involved in that destruction was signifigant.

that picture reminds me of the club speaker i have in my shop.

• Members

Liz

She's a sweetie!

Generally I'll agree... until you pawn her wedding ring to buy an outboard Evinrude for your fishing boat, and go fishing all weekend with your buddies, and don't bring home any fish, but the fishing boat is full of empty beer cans... then it seems like she cops an attitude. :confused:

• Members

Generally I'll agree... until you pawn her wedding ring to buy an outboard Evinrude for your fishing boat, and go fishing all weekend with your buddies, and don't bring home any fish, but the fishing boat is full of empty beer cans... then it seems like she cops an attitude.
:confused:

I think she needs an attitude adjustment.

• Members

Generally I'll agree... until you pawn her wedding ring to buy an outboard Evinrude for your fishing boat, and go fishing all weekend with your buddies, and don't bring home any fish, but the fishing boat is full of empty beer cans... then it seems like she cops an attitude.
:confused:

you didnt do that did you?

• Members

What? Get her a wedding ring?

LOL

before i got married i would fairly routinely stay up until 6:30 or 7 am getting messed up with friends or by myself. it was a little bit of a rough transition after being married (for me, maybe her too who knows right?), seems the wife doesnt approve of that type of thing for some reason.

nothing beats basking in your own self deluded grandeur :D i used to have this speech that they should have a prize at the bottom of a 12 pack, like craker jacks. like, hey i won, i drank the whole thing, wheres my prize?

and yet for some reason i am now messed up free and dont drink anymore. my sleep schedule is still uber-f***ed (we all know why) and its getting harder to maintain that.

• Members

You need to take lessons from my cat. It seems that: As far as he's concerned, if the sun is shining, that's a lousy time to have your eye's open.

We used to have a little plaque that showed a sleeping cat because the inscription reminded us of our cat. It read, "Oh, to sleep all day and then wake up and do nothing."

That cat is long gone, but it seems like all three of the cats we have had do nothing but sleep 23 hours a day.

Archived