What do you guys think about me doing *things like* this?

• Members

I'm one of the few 33 year olds you'll ever meet who has never gotten drunk, never smoked a cigarette, never tried any type of drug. I'm also one of the few DJs you'll ever meet that has never blown a horn or woofer on one of his PA cabs. I also know that blinking red lights are not good. :thu:

Al

• Members
I'm one of the few 33 year olds you'll ever meet who has never gotten drunk, never smoked a cigarette, never tried any type of drug. I'm also one of the few DJs you'll ever meet that has never blown a horn or woofer on one of his PA cabs. I also know that blinking red lights are not good.
:thu:

Al

Al...I'm probably one of the few 45 year olds you'll ever meet who have never been drunk, doesn't consume but more than a glass or two of wine each year, has never smoked or indulged in ANY type of drug (other than prescription for a genuine ailment). I didn't think there was someone else out there!. However, that's where the similarities end. I've popped my share of drivers and fried some amps along the way. If you see the light flicker, you got time. Once it glows like Rudolph's nose, the damage is done.

• Members

WE NEED A COMPLETE SOUND SYSTEM FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT ( YES TOMORROW ) SPEAKERS TO ACCOMMODATE ABOUT 300-400 PPL 2 MAINS 15INCH IF POSSIBLE (CLUB SETTING), BIGGER THE BETTER SUBWOOFER AND A MONITOR FOR THE D.J. THE D.J. HAS BEEN SPINNIN FOR OVER 15 YRS VERY PROFESSIONAL WE HAVE A TIGHT BUDGET BUT WE CAN PAY $100.00 FOR EACH NIGHT , WE CAN ALSO PROVIDE FREE DRINKS AND A V.I.P. TABLE AS WELL. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL:

Do these kinds of jobs just get your gear ruined?

A guy I work with lives by a few credos. One of them is this: Stupid people deserve to be punished.

You'll get exactly what you got coming if you get involved in this.

• Members

Al...I'm probably one of the few 45 year olds you'll ever meet who have never been drunk, doesn't consume but more than a glass or two of wine each year, has never smoked or indulged in ANY type of drug (other than prescription for a genuine ailment). I didn't think there was someone else out there!. However, that's where the similarities end. I've popped my share of drivers and fried some amps along the way. If you see the light flicker, you got time. Once it glows like Rudolph's nose, the damage is done.

:thu: That's awesome. We are probably pretty rare. ;)

I am such a happy guy in genral, I don't really need any of that stuff. I have a wonderful family, great jobs, 2 CDs with my name on them and a collection of powered speakers. Who could ask for anything more? :)

Al

• Members

I'm 55 next year and hardly drink at all any more; never done drugs and, as Al says, if you've got family, good work and some creative recognition what more do you need? And, co-incidentally, as I type this I'm waiting for another pair of active speakers to be delivered...

Just one problem - I still can't find anything to drink that tastes as nice as my favourite alcoholic drinks. Everything's far too sweet or gassy for me. So I still drink far too much black coffee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

WE NEED A COMPLETE SOUND SYSTEM FOR FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT ( YES TOMORROW )

Here's one thing I've figured out: people who have still not learned how to operate anything as simple as the CAPS LOCK key on their computer keyboards are generally equally competent in regards to handling all professional manners.

• Members

I recently bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in a while at a bar. When I asked what was new he told me he'd been away after a third DWI. He said he was allergic to alcohol, every time he drank he'd break out in handcuffs.

• Members
Here's one thing I've figured out: people who have still not learned how to operate anything as simple as the CAPS LOCK key on their computer keyboards are generally equally competent in regards to handling all professional manners.

seriously, are we the only two who were thinking that?

• Members
I'm one of the few 33 year olds you'll ever meet who has never gotten drunk, never smoked a cigarette, never tried any type of drug. I'm also one of the few DJs you'll ever meet that has never blown a horn or woofer on one of his PA cabs. I also know that blinking red lights are not good.
:thu:

Al

:evil:

"here, take a hit off of THIS. You'll like it..."

:evil:

Archived