Must be something in the water...

Voltan

• Members

Kill me now...  

I’m looking at another duo...   at a festival I was working last year,  a man wanders up with a fairly large harp...  quiet, very humble and open spirit...  almost apologetically inquiring if he might be allowed to play a bit when there was a lull...  i mic’d him up and turned him loose.  He was amazing!   I asked permission to try and accompany him and it was on!   Ive worked with folks and sometimes you struggle to find an instrument that fits...   this was the exact opposite.  I ran through 9 flutes...  fujara and futujara...  guitar, handpan, and a darbuka...   every instrument was a seamless fit...  as if we had been playing together all our lives...   the kind of magick that makes every sacrifice to the craft, soooo worth all of the expense...   we exchanged info and then... basically, life happened and the past year has been a bit of a haul if you know anything about our current and ongoing circumstances... but then,  last week I’m playing a gathering for the local permaculture community...  about ten miles from our animal sanctuary...  and guess who shows up at my dome?   Yeah!   Stringman, man!!   Total improvisation...  we held them for over two hours as if under a spell...  and the best is he lives about 5 miles from my home!  

Im playing Atlanta again this week, so we’re setting up a little time in a sweet little studio in tallahassee... gasoline alley, for when I get back.   we’ve decided to lay down a few tracks and give this thing a critical ear...   

What joy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived