I bought some boss and mxr pedals that are used from ebay

mbengs1

• Members

They all sound fine but some pedals have dents and scratches, missing back plate, and a torn box. Are there any downsides to getting pedals used as from getting them new? they all sound like they should. no problems there. It's a mxr stereo chorus, boss fuzz, boss digital reverb, mxr univibe, boss feedbacker/booster.

Used pedals can be totally fine, or they can have issues ranging from minor (to major) cosmetic flaws to much bigger problems, such as bad switches, intermittent power or I/O jacks, or even completely dead circuits.

If the only issues with yours are cosmetic, then relax and don’t worry about it. After all, you should have known about their appearance based on the auction photos. As long as they work fine, there is no problem.

• Members

You pay your money and take your chances. A couple of years ago I bought a phase pedal on eBay that was supposed to be new but open box. It didn't work when it arrived. I got a refund and got to keep the pedal. A local repair guy said it had been tampered with. You just never know.

• 1 month later...

Archived