snark tune???????

ratson page 3

• Members

Good I'm about to buy a shank tuner, the problem is that I do not know what to choose, I've been looking at the new ones that have come out, (ss20), (sn14), (s12), but people say that the bar is less stable than before in question of tuning, but you can see that these new tuners have, better accuracy, better tuning and better detect the notes as well as a bigger and better definition screen to see the notes more clearly, which recommend the ones I just mentioned ? I am looking especially for one that has a tuning range of A0 to C8 and that has the modifiable hz from 415 to 466 and I think that all meet these characteristics, I would like to buy the newest and most updated one, do you know what it is? what do you recomend me?

• Members

If you need a clip on tuner I'd skip buying the cheap ones like the Snark and get a Polytune clip on.

Its got a +/- 0.02 cent accuracy which is dam near as good as my strobe tuner.

Its also polyphonic. You can strum all 6 strings at once and find out which of the 6 strings (or 4 on bass) need to be tuned.

Not sure if they are still including it but they included a VST plugin version of their tuner which is excellent too. I ran both at the same time to compare the accuracy of both and the DAW version was dead on accurate.

I have at least 8 mother tuners and that doesn't even include the ones built into multi effects units. If I counted those I bet I have an even dozen, plus another half dozen virtual tuner plugins on my computer daw. (you can even download a free tuner app for a cell phone)

Besides my rack unit which I leave connected to my guitar rig, the Polytune is easily one of the best and most accurate. You have no jumping needed or LED's to drive you nuts. They must use some kind of filter which prevents oddball string beating/resonance/harmonics which can make most meters dance all over the place. When you pluck a note, the LED's that show the nots sharp or flat light and it remains steady till you tune to pitch. Most other tuners I own the indicators jump Plus and minus all over the place unless you dampen all other strings and maybe use a 12th string harmonic.

If you plan on tuning an electric only, you may be better off with the guitar pedal type Polytune or something similar. Clip on's are needed for an acoustic and will work on an electric, even when its unplugged, but playing in a rock band can be problematic when tuning. A guitar can act like a sounding board and pick up the vibrations from the other players into a clip on tuner if the room volume is loud enough. A foot pedal tuner gets its signal from the pickup is fairly well isolated from the other players.

• Members
Good I'm about to buy a shank tuner' date=' the problem is that I do not know what to choose, I've been looking at the new ones that have come out, (ss20), (sn14), (s12), but people say that the bar is less stable than before in question of tuning, but you can see that these new tuners have, better accuracy, better tuning and better detect the notes as well as a bigger and better definition screen to see the notes more clearly, which recommend the ones I just mentioned ? I am looking especially for one that has a tuning range of A0 to C8 and that has the modifiable hz from 415 to 466 and I think that all meet these characteristics, I would like to buy the newest and most updated one, do you know what it is? what do you recomend me?[/quote']

I bought a 'Snarkman' all instrument tuner last year from Sam Ash for $7.99

Snark S-12 Snarkman Clip-On Chromatic Instrument Tuner

I've been quite impressed with it

but wasn't sure what to expect in a crowded room.

It has option for vib/mic

so I just keep it on vib for the guitar and it was no problem at all.

I'm used to a Boss TU-3 on my board, so adjusting was no real feat for me

the unit worked great and didn't become a mess during a set.

very dependable!

Archived