Vox Amplugs

Chordite

• Members

A couple of friends are using Vox amplugs rather than carrying a pedal board to practice. I will probably go that route unless someone recommends an alternative.

Here is a demo of the various versions by a guy who after some preamble proves to be a pretty versatile player. (note: despite saying 'all' he omits the acoustic derivative)

[video=youtube_share;X58p-QgK3vY]

• Members

I like them a lot. They're great for travel or private noodling. I use the Twin (like a Roland Jazz Chorus) and Lead, which is really hi-gain with reverb. The Satriani has a little more gain than the Lead but has a lot more noise so it doesn't cleanup well when you dial it back.

• Members

$45 each? I'd simply use one multieffect pedal like a Vox Stomplab 1G that doesn't cost that much more and have something solid. They have over 100 effects, 45 amp models, 12 cab types, 18 drive pedals. You can get the tones from all those amplugs in one box and program 20 of your own settings

• Members
A couple of friends are using Vox amplugs rather than carrying a pedal board to practice. I will probably go that route unless someone recommends an alternative.

Here is a demo of the various versions by a guy who after some preamble proves to be a pretty versatile player. (note: despite saying 'all' he omits the acoustic derivative)

[video=youtube_share;X58p-QgK3vY]

wow they look depressing so i won`t say owt

but i will tell you of my halloween evening , i was just walking from my brothers house when a car drove past and the passenger leaned out of the window and launched a jam and cream donut at me and it hit me right square on the head ,jam and cream all over my head,yes i was fuming ,anyway they sped off laughing i thought the little scumbags i won`t see them again ,500 yards further along the road ,thump ,right in the square of my back another jam/cream donut, same car same laughing .anyway what could i do i was on foot, but you have to give it to him he was a great shot.i can`t work out if he was trying to give me a trick or a treat .

• Members

Yep I currently use a Zoom multiFX but when you turn it on it defaults to headphone output level and it is a PITA multi button job to pull the output level down from from 40 via 32 button presses to the 8 that equates to direct guitar output. To be honest my new Fender Mustang amp negates the need for it and I have just yesterday sold the Carlsboro lead 45 that I was using. So all bets are off :)

Archived