Wraparound bridge upgrade options?

KevinTJH

• Members
. . . This is nothing new on these acrylic guitars. Here's a few comments made by others.

This guy agrees with me Low skilled, no skilled labor building these.

Yes, poorly made, as in geometry messed up, as in bridge and neck are in the wrong place relative to one another, as in not something that can be fixed with a neck shim. As in none of this proves your assumptions. Why am I not surprised?

• Members

However if you are in Australia then it doesn't make any sense (well, let me think about that, I could bring my tools and meet you in Melbourne....)

Thanks, Freeman. I'm unfortunately located in Sydney but do travel to Melbourne every now and then. Who knows? Maybe we'll cross paths in future one day.

Since it's the factory neck as far as any of us know, I consider that unlikely. The guitar is simply a poorly made piece of junk.

Well that pretty much sums it up in a nut shell. Nothing was replaced as the guitar was 100% brand new out of the factory/box. I've come to terms that this guitar will mostly just be a fun little guitar to own or a cool prop for a music video.

That said, this company doesn't make usually junk either.

This Plexi telecaster (after a pickup swap to an aggressive Lace Sensor, a full setup and plek), it is actually one of my most favourite guitars and it plays great!

This white bass guitar is 100% stock and only had a very minor setup done to it. Intonation is about 95% spot on and I've already used this bass on 2 professional studio recordings and it just sounds great in the mix!

9C4E08D4-AEDF-444C-99AA-B6CF96512210_zpspzr9reuj.jpg

The "Dan Armstrong" copy series of guitars must've just been a dud.

• Members

Thanks, Freeman. I'm unfortunately located in Sydney but do travel to Melbourne every now and then. Who knows? Maybe we'll cross paths in future one day.

I keep promising myself that I would come back to Australia and spend some time. I was briefly in Sydney but mostly farther south. This spring we got to NZ, maybe AU is next.

I'm going to start ignoring this thread. If you want me to work with you on it I will need a complete set of measurements - we can either do this by PM or a new thread.

Good luck

Archived