OT: A salute to our Military.

• Members

If any of you have a chance to go to Normandy take the trip. I spent 10 days there doing security for the 60th anniversary of D Day. To see all the gravestones and the beaches/ cliffs that the allied troops had to take makes you really appreciate their sacrifice.

• Members

Just completed 18 Military Tribute shows with 7 horses & riders carrying flags on horseback to standing room only crowds. Will post a photo when I can. The Tuskegee Airmen were our honored guests for Military Day.

Here's a youtube link:

• Members

If any of you have a chance to go to Normandy take the trip. I spent 10 days there doing security for the 60th anniversary of D Day. To see all the gravestones and the beaches/ cliffs that the allied troops had to take makes you really appreciate their sacrifice.

When I was stationed in Italy in the 80's with the 1/509th ABN. We took part in several parades in France celebrating the 40th anniversary of D-day. You're right about the memorial sites, knocks the wind out of you to see so many tombstones.

• Members

We went to General Patton's Grave Site when we were stationed in Germany - It's really an amazing place! So many Americans died over there!

Just think how many Russki's died at the hands of the wehrmacht. No wonder they were P.O.'d at Hitler. Not to get too political here but war is such a waste although as Thomas Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I salute and respect those who protect our freedoms.

• Members

I am a veteran of the US Navy. I greatly appreciate the sacrifice our troops give every day.

My aunt recently was having lunch when a group of military men in their working dungarees came in to eat. She instructed her waiter to put them on her tab please.

When the bill arrived, her friends were stunned that she would do such a thing as paying a bill for a group of total strangers.

What happened to the days when people would pick up military men on the road, give them a ride, house them, and feel privileged to have helped them out?

I think it is too easy to sit in the comfort of our homes and forget about the people that are giving us the freedom we take for granted.

• Members

Thank you.

It was the statement and effect that the picture had on me that made me repost it on the sites I frequent. I wouldn't care if it was phonoshopped. It stirred a feeling in me about being an American. Those that choose to try to trivialize emotion and sense of pride in our country, I feel sorry for.

• Members

And you know what? I don't care if it was photoshopped as I stated. It is a feeling, emotion, pride thing.

I for one am proud to be an American and have great feelings for our armed forces and what they do for you and me.

Archived