New news on neo

• Members

If you watch the BBC show "Top Gear", they recently did a segment on all the "Copy" cars in China. They've copied the BMW X5 among others... and it seriously looks exactly like it. BMW sued China, and the government threw out the case, saying it looks nothing like the X5. :lol: That's exactly what will happen here. China will yawn, and nothing will ever happen, because we're too sissy to do anything about it. Doing so would require us to drill/mine ourselves. (good luck with all the environmental epa red tape -- granted not all of which is bad, but they've lately overstepped their bounds)

http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bmw-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-x5-clone/

Which one is which.... Lol, -facepalm-

533-bmw-ceo1.jpg

• Members

This is a much different issue than copyright infringement. Does a country have the sovereign right to manage it's own natural resources? Can it hoard them if it wants to? Is a country obligated to supply the rest of the world with it's raw materials? Can it take care of it's own domestic needs first?

This one could come back to bite us.

• Members

This is a much different issue than copyright infringement. Does a country have the sovereign right to manage it's own natural resources? Can it hoard them if it wants to? Is a country obligated to supply the rest of the world with it's raw materials? Can it take care of it's own domestic needs first?

This one could come back to bite us.

Of course China can do all those things. They can institute any protectionist policies they want.

But their entirely economic growth model is dependent on unfettered trade with US/Europe/Japan. So they will walk a fine line in doing so.

• Members
So, we've been bitchin' about China having a competitive advantage because of their lack of environmental laws and now that they are starting to do something about it we're bitchin' because they are cutting back on production?
:freak:

no, I think the complaint was not being a level playing field.

• Members

Of course China can do all those things. They can institute any protectionist policies they want.

But their entirely economic growth model is dependent on unfettered trade with US/Europe/Japan. So they will walk a fine line in doing so.

Exactly, and tit for tat, if they institute protectionist leverage on us they should expect the same from us.

• Members

Exactly, and tit for tat, if they institute protectionist leverage on us they should expect the same from us.

Would never happen. The same businesses getting killed by China's protectionism want to sell to the emerging Chinese market. And they buy enough politicians to assure they will be able to.

This action is really nothing more than a chess move for leverage in an up-coming trade conference.

• Members

i've been to china. let me tell you, none of us will ever truly understand china. ever. china is honestly so bizarre and contrary to every social/political/human element we understand that it is baffling the staggering amount of difference there is between china and us. i cannot emphasize enough how upside down different we are from them.

i've been there. the chinese people are a good people but the government is beyond definition of evil; i dont care about communism vs free capitalism or any of that, i'm talking good/evil god/devil heaven/hell type stuff.

my point is that there is no level playing field. there never will be, there never can be. china has already won and one day (maybe not in our lifetime) china will dominate the planet.

china may already dominate the planet.

none of this should be taken lightly.

it may sound crazy but i believe the "new dark age" is around the corner; thousands of years of regression. i dont think anyone saw it coming last time it happened (not long ago!!!! only 500 or so since it ended!).

i only hope i am wrong, but believe in my heart and mind that i am not.

• Members

i've been to china. let me tell you, none of us will ever truly understand china. ever. china is honestly so bizarre and contrary to every social/political/human element we understand that it is baffling the staggering amount of difference there is between china and us. i cannot emphasize enough how upside down different we are from them.

i've been there. the chinese people are a good people but the government is beyond definition of evil; i dont care about communism vs free capitalism or any of that, i'm talking good/evil god/devil heaven/hell type stuff.

my point is that there is no level playing field. there never will be, there never
can
be. china has
already won
and one day (maybe not in our lifetime) china will
dominate the planet

china may
already
dominate the planet.

it may sound crazy but i believe the "new dark age" is around the corner; thousands of years of regression. i dont think anyone saw it coming last time it happened (not long ago!!!! only 500 or so since it ended!).

Funny, all the people I know that work and have worked over there aren't worried about China taking over anything for a very long time yet. Until they figure out how to generate their own new developments by methods other than stealing/copying the ones outside companies bring to them it's going to be tough to become the world leader in anything.

Second, the government is barely keeping control of the population and countryside now. Chine has thousands of anti government protests monthly and they haven't been decreasing. Their growth in income disparity puts ours to shame and keeping a lid on it is a full time job for party leaders. Once their current real estate bubble bursts things could get ugly very fast. It won't exactly help us either.......

• CMS Author

my point is that there is no level playing field. there never will be, there never
can
be. china has
already won
and one day (maybe not in our lifetime) china will
dominate the planet

china may
already
dominate the planet.

China doesn't dominate the planet. It's a growing industrializing nation. If we (the US) stopped buying from them, their economy would collapse utterly.

• Members

Speaking of neo, Peavey discontinued all their neo bass cabs but there's still a few available online here and there. I just got stoopid and bought a "new" discontinued 111 lb Tour 810
:freak:

I recently (6 months ago) got a GK 4-10 neo,and I am getting another one in the next week or two! Stoopid? I don't know,I think it is just a matter of perspective!!! Lol

Archived