Need 2 active floor wedge monitors $1000 budget

• Members

I need to purchase 2 active floor wedge monitors and only have $1000. I really would like a couple of JBL PRX612Ms but $1600 is just more than I can afford. Also looking at the Peavey PV115m but have no experience with them... What else is there within my budget? Any suggestions are appreciated.

• Members

RCF 310As are simply awesome sounding ultra compact monitors and also work well as FOH (with subs) You can still find them at around 400$ a piece. I own 2 pairs and simply love them. Amazing output for their size...

The 312As are excellent too if you need the extra low frequency BUT are bigger and heavier...

Al

• Members

RCF 310As are simply awesome sounding ultra compact monitors and also work well as FOH (with subs) You can still find them at around 400$ a piece. I own 2 pairs and simply love them. Amazing output for their size...

The 312As are excellent too if you need the extra low frequency BUT are bigger and heavier...

Al

Seems prices have gone up a bit in the past few months.

One good place to try is

http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=1&search=rcf&show=25&page=1

Call/email for a quote and see what happens.

• Members

+1 for the RCF 310A's. We use them for monitor duty and love them. My guitar player even prefers them over the 322A and 522A we use for monitors sometimes and they are 3X the price. If you don't need to get stupid with the lows (and really you shouldn't for monitors anyway) then they'll give you what you need. Spend the extra $60 or so and get the zipped covers. That way you never have to take them out of the cover and they'll stay looking shiny and new.

• Members

Have not heard them but have read some good reviews on these.

http://www.planetdj.com/i--SXM112A

They have the same output rating as the Peavey PV15m.

I have a pair of the PV15m and like them alot. Won't hold up to death metal bands but country/country rock/ bar band/ blue grass etc. they work fine.

Whats your type of music and how loud do you need to be?

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=121109.0

Dookietwo

• Members

Have not heard them but have read some good reviews on these.

They have the same output rating as the Peavey PV15m.

I have a pair of the PV15m and like them alot. Won't hold up to death metal bands but country/country rock/ bar band/ blue grass etc. they work fine.

Whats your type of music and how loud do you need to be?

Dookietwo

Those look great. Do you know where they are made?

P.S. Never mind, found my answer. Looks like they have factories in China and Taiwan.

• Members

I have four Yorkville YX15P's that I have used as floor wedges as well as for FOH. Not sure what current pricing is, but I paid around $450 per box in Canada a few years back.

I think they are a pretty decent budget powered box. Currently using one in my drum room to monitor my electric kit. (YX15P with LS200P sub) Nice little monitor combo for me!

EDIT: I have also used them as a stand alone monitor for my e-drums. They worked fine on their own but i like the extra bottom end the sub provides.

If you dont expect lots of bass, they are fine.

• Members

I have four Yorkville YX15P's that I have used as floor wedges as well as for FOH. Not sure what current pricing is, but I paid around $450 per box in Canada a few years back.

I think they are a pretty decent budget powered box. Currently using one in my drum room to monitor my electric kit. (YX15P with LS200P sub) Nice little monitor combo for me!

The YX15Ps really represent a good value from Yorkville. They are 425$ each (so 850$ a pair) here in Canada. Excellent build quality, great mixer section and surprisingly powerful for a 200 watt cab. (they actually seem to get as loud as my NX55Ps (and don't sound like crap when into limiting) - although they don't go as low as the Nx55Ps)

If you don't mind the size and 50lb weight, they are a fantastic choice. 2 year no fault warranty on top of that!

Al

• Members

The YX15Ps really represent a good value from Yorkville. They are 425$ each (so 850$ a pair) here in Canada. Excellent build quality, great mixer section and surprisingly powerful for a 200 watt cab. (they actually seem to get as loud as my NX55Ps (and don't sound like crap when into limiting) - although they don't go as low as the Nx55Ps)

If you don't mind the size and 50lb weight, they are a fantastic choice. 2 year no fault warranty on top of that!

Al

Sorry to go a bit off the track here, but Al, have you combined a YX15P with an LS720P sub? If so do you think they could be a good match for eachother on a small FOH system? Would pole mounting the YX15P on the sub work in your opinion or is the 720P a little small for that in your opinion?

• Members

Sorry to go a bit off the track here, but Al, have you combined a YX15P with an LS720P sub? If so do you think they could be a good match for eachother on a small FOH system? Would pole mounting the YX15P on the sub work in your opinion or is the 720P a little small for that in your opinion?

I have used the YX15Ps with my 720P a few times with excellent results. (they match well sonically and visually too)

A pair of YX15Ps could actually keep up with a pair of 720Ps in my opinion (with playback/CD music anyway) if you reduced the low frequencies on the back of the YX15Ps to maximize headroom (or use a proper crossover) I actually find my YX15Ps as loud as my NX55Ps in real world use and feel they throw the vocals a bit better too - due to their stronger mid presence. As for pole mounting, I could see how that works once I get home if you like... I just have one 720P and usually wall or corner load it when I do use it.

Al

• Members

Depends on what you want, but PSSL still has the M-audio GSR12 for $149.95. I now have two of them. Used them once so far and am quite happy with them. They do need a piece of wood under the edge to tilt for close monitors, though.

• Members

I have used the YX15Ps with my 720P a few times with excellent results. (they match well sonically and visually too)

A pair of YX15Ps could actually keep up with a pair of 720Ps in my opinion (with playback/CD music anyway) if you reduced the low frequencies on the back of the YX15Ps to maximize headroom (or use a proper crossover) I actually find my YX15Ps as loud as my NX55Ps in real world use and feel they throw the vocals a bit better too - due to their stronger mid presence. As for pole mounting, I could see how that works once I get home if you like... I just have one 720P and usually wall or corner load it when I do use it.

Al

Thanks. Been contemplating some 720P subs for awhile now and if they would work well with the YX15P's, that would save me from purchasing some different tops for the time being. I just want to do small shows every now and then, and since I usually dont have any help around I want something lighter so I can move it around without hurting myself. Have been using LS1004 double 18 bins and although I love them, I dont love moving them.

No rush on checking out the pole mounting unless you were looking for something to do!

• Members

Depends on what you want, but PSSL still has the M-audio GSR12 for $149.95. I now have two of them. Used them once so far and am quite happy with them. They do need a piece of wood under the edge to tilt for close monitors, though.

I've got 4, and concur. Very good bang for the buck, aside from needing the Audio Grade 2x4 accessory item.

• Members

Pole mounted on the 720P, the YX15P is pretty high up there - it almost touches my ceiling! Seems pretty stable BUT I'd feel more comfortable if the top was a little lower. The woofer is almost above my head... The combination does look good as they match perfectly.

Al

• Members

Thanks Al! Those subs do make the YX15 look a little big, but doesnt look too bad IMO. I think I will eventually get myself a couple of those 720P's.

Probably try to get some slightly shorter poles when i go that route, because as you said, they are a little ways up there. Thanks again

• Members

Thanks Al! Those subs do make the YX15 look a little big, but doesnt look too bad IMO. I think I will eventually get myself a couple of those 720P's.

Probably try to get some slightly shorter poles when i go that route, because as you said, they are a little ways up there. Thanks again

I think you are just seeing an example of lens distortion due the camera angle making the top look larger than it is in realation to the sub.

P.S. After checking specs I see the top is 1 inch wider than the subs but not as deep.

• Members

look into the Electro Voice ELX112P, I love these speakers for PA's or for monitors, in my opinion the best bang for the buck. 1000 watts powered each and they sound amazing!!!

I think you can get two of them right in your price range.. Good Luck!

Archived