NGD for me. It's a Gibson Les Paul custom

mbengs1

The strap buttons on the guitar is kind of small though. the strap may slip off the buttons. so i think i may have to get more safe strap locks. what strap buttons would you recommend for the guitar?

I use the Schaller strap locks on several of my guitars. They run about $15 per set. I've never had one fail, or dropped a guitar that was equipped with them.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/schaller-guitar-strap-locks-and-buttons-pair?pfm=sp

I also have a few pairs of the ones onelife suggested, and they work pretty well too. They are less expensive, and they'll probably work fine with your existing strap buttons.

• Members

Will generic strap locks or at least fender strap locks work? i have to check the stores to see if they have any strap locks. but theyre fender dealers so they should have fender strap locks.

these are the generic strap locks i'm saying. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Chrome-plating-Round-Head-Strap-Locks-For-Electric-Guitar-Bass-/181390289554?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3bb42a92

• Members

I'd love to change the tuners as well but i'll have to order them on the internet then it will take months to get here. what makes grovers better than the stock tuners? the tuners it has are gold and pretty already lol.

• Members

No, the tuners to watch out for are the Kluson clones as they don't hold tune as well and break down over time requiring replacement. I'm pretty sure that the tuners that came stock with that guitar are in fact Grovers. They've been using Grovers on that model since the 70's.

I actually have a Custom Studio Lite from 2000 with the exact same gold hardware and covered pickups found on that model. The only things I changed out on mine were the strap buttons and the pickups (boutique PAFs) as the 490R/498T set didn't work for me. Your mileage may vary. My guitar sounds amazing but it don't look like a million bucks like yours either (best looking LP ever IMO).

Archived