FINALLY RECOVERED FROM MY HAND INJURY - NEW GUITAR TRACKS W NEW CARVIN HH2

scottjonesmusic

• Members

Hey friends, (for those asking, "friends? who the hell is this guy?"...I was here for years, racked up thousands of posts and when I finally returned, had to re register. Some may still remember me.)

Anyway, I started with hand issues a decade ago, but this past year, had a truly devastating issue that caused me to have to stop playing altogether until this month, when I finally felt able to play again.

After months of intense physical therapy, steroid injections into my cervical spine, steroid patches to my hand and very slowly building my playing back up, I have some success in getting back to playing.

I wanted to share some tracks of mine that are essentially older compositions of mine (released on my last release), but with all new guitar parts and solos.

With the issues I was having, I had to buy a lighter weight, easier playing guitar, which wound up being a Carvin Holdsworth HH2X.

The impetus to do these came from my buddy Cirque du Soleil drummer, Andre Boyd​, who wanted to use them in his drum clinics, so I'm refreshing them a bit. Of course, he will be using the tracks, fully mixed, minus drums and adding his own madness, live, in his clinics. But these are my sessions prior to his involvement, for now.

The first four tracks in this set are the ones to which I'm referring.

Hope ya dig!

Peace, Scott

Link below.

• Members
Having experienced some hand issues myself I can imagine the frustration you must have felt not being able to play at the level you demonstrated on those recordings.

btw, do you know of Vancouver guitarist Paul Pigat?

i don't know of Paul, but I'll look him up!

And yes, it's been a truly frustrating year, but since I was patient and did everything the docs told me, I feel I am well over the hard part and back on track. Thanks for listening, man. Truly truly appreciated.

• Members
Congrats on healing up' date=' and welcome back to the land of the playing! Personally, hated the track that the link went to, since the guitar sounded very muddy, and under produced. Listened to Mulders Search, and LOVED the tone![/quote']

Ha! Sorry you hated it, based on the mix. But I did, based on your comment, go back and tweak it. That was a quick mix I did last week and got too busy to even check it or revisit. So, your observations made a difference! Thanks! Glad you dug Mulder, out of the gate. I had more time with that prior to uploading. Thanks again!

Archived