How often do you practice?

hellion_213

• Members
I try to pick up the guitar everyday for at least 10-20 minutes. Having 3 kids makes it real hard to just get any "me" time. On the weekends, I'll rotate through my guitars and try different things. I would like to do more formal practicing and learning.

If I had that much trouble picking the guitar up I dont think I would bother. smiley-wink

• Members

Actually I get a pretty good workout on guitar. No songs per se but lots of lines and fitting whole half crap to cool changes. Hundreds of notes per day! Keys just sit there. If someone here asks a question like "what is this note?" I'll fire one up (I has two) and check.

• Members

In the 1980's , I was playing 24/7, gigging, giving lessons and keeping up with the EVH's, Rhoads, Malmsteen's, Vai's and Satriani's of the World.

Today, I'm in a town that has limited gigs, musicians, venues while doing 9 to 5 and raising a Family ( with a 9 month and 6 year old Daughters) and I start work on the California High Speed Rail Construction in April.

I've created some grueling hand exercises to keep my hands in shape with the little free time I have. I miss playing all day long and creating music !!!!

Archived