Inexpensive PA speakers?

• Members

Need a pair of inactive PA speakers for a Karaoke system. The label on the back of the amp says "Noise 100W, Program 200W, Max 400W."

I use this system in my basement to entertain the kids, and a few times a year at block parties and get-togethers.

Looking for cheap and portable.

Any suggestions?

• Members

The Yamaha's probably better deal by far as the S1151V still sell for about 200 each used on GC used site so 200 for that pair a very nice price

Guitar Center East Brunswick, New Jersey 08816

732-257-8500 Now Only $90.99 CERWIN VEGA INT152

No experience with cerwin vega so don't shoot me.:)

Peavey SP series are good too and can be found nice priced used.

GC east brunswick has a lot of used gear, if your close I'd give them a call

• Members

Thats why I posted it. I don't where the OP lives in NJ, but the state isn't THAT big. I would drive for those.

These are absolutely a good deal, and thanks for taking the time to tip me off to them.

I think they're probably too big for my purposes. I'm looking to replace a pair of Yamaha 12's, on of which suddenly sounds muddy and had something more compact in mind.

(Hamilton would be 1 1/2 to 2 hours from me, depending on trafffic.)

• Members

If you are comparing your computer speakers to inexpensive PA speakers then so be it, I'll just call it horse {censored}. I'll put those Cerwin's against your computer speakers, a duel there shall be!

The criteria was inexpensive, and that was your justification.

I do agree that they would probably be better than computer speakers but without listening to them it would just be an educated guess.

• Members

The criteria was inexpensive, and that was your justification.

I do agree that they would probably be better than computer speakers but without listening to them it would just be an educated guess.

So what's your point? Your comparing a distinct model of a PA speker to "computer speakers" in which it makes no sense for you to add .02 of horse{censored} to this thread.

• Members

So what's your point? Your comparing a distinct model of a PA speker to "computer speakers" in which it makes no sense for you to add .02 of horse{censored} to this thread.

You were saying that you didn't have experience with the speaker you recommended... what good is that?

Sure, the only criteria was inexpensive, but generally folks recommend something that they have experience with, otherwise why recommend it?

• Members

You were saying that you didn't have experience with the speaker you recommended... what good is that?

Sure, the only criteria was inexpensive, but generally folks recommend something that they have experience with, otherwise why recommend it?

Because it's an inexpensive PA speaker? Please state your statistical data pointing me to the consensus/thesis/conclusion that folks "generally" recommend products they have experience with and prove me wrong. What have you recommended? Oh your reccomendation is not to buy it cause it's a piece of **** (to you) in your world, I agree, but some folks out there surely don't need what you need for your application which doesn't even apply so why even post?

PS I still want to have that duel against your computer speakers though ;)

• Members

Most of us recommend (or specifically don't recommend) equipment that we have experience with. Most of us are also mature enough to recognize different applications and make our suggestions based on our experience with a pretty wide variety of applications. I never mentioned the OP's needs being the same as mine. You know, some folks here are smarter than you give us credit for... or so that appears.

• Members

Most of us recommend (or specifically don't recommend) equipment that we have experience with. Most of us are also mature enough to recognize different applications and make our suggestions based on our experience with a pretty wide variety of applications. I never mentioned the OP's needs being the same as mine. You know, some folks here are smarter than you give us credit for... or so that appears.

You compared a pair of 15" pa speakers to your computer speakers? no where did I say you weren't smart, in fact I trust/enjoy your posts the most out of all of em and I do have to thank you for all your wonderful advice!

Now about that duel.........

Archived