"Stupid stories!"

• CMS Author

Yeah baby, enjoy the feedom yet again
;)

The 12 hour day is the new 8, it's like this pretty much everywhere. I really pitty the poor kids entering the job market these days, they are a dime a dozen and the employers know how to take advantage of it.

But as stated, karma's a bitch. The market will improve eventually. Then all you'll see are news reports about how difficult it is to find good help...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I was laughing so hard from the stories, that I felt like a soccer team was kicking me in the gut for an hour ......

Back in the 1980's, I rigged a wah wah pedal to blow some gun powder up from a dummy cab I had in my stacks. I'd do my Yngwie / guitar masturbation solo, step on the pedal, a charge would go through the wire and kaboom !, after my solo spot.

One of the guys who set up the gear, was right in front of the rig cabs ( everyone was warned about it), he decides to stand in front of the cab, I couldn't see him because my back was to him. when I heard the kaboom, it was silent, I thought , "Wow, they loved it". I turn around and my buddy was smoking, he looked like Wille E. Coyote, after opening up a bad acme box .... the place was silent, while he said, "I think I'm on fire", luckily, he was not seriously hurt, just ringing ears, burnt hair and smelling like rotten eggs for a couple of days.

• Members

Something I ran into that I think is stupid. On Carvin powered mixers the insert for the internal amps are backwards of normal. Ring send/tip return. But the channel inserts are normal. I just think that's a stupid design.

But for a stupid story.... A friend of mine drove home almost 15 miles at 4am after a gig with the back door of his gear trailer down and dragging. LOL. He got very lucky in that nothing fell out.

• Members
Something I ran into that I think is stupid. On Carvin powered mixers the insert for the internal amps are backwards of normal. Ring send/tip return. But the channel inserts are normal. I just think that's a stupid design.

No way, really???

• Members
Then there's text errors in the docs. Read how they describe the feature in each section.

Dumb... IMO of course.

Oh, I read it a few times. However, that was after the guy brought the stuff to a gig planning on using it and we got no sound from the amps 30 minutes before start time. We ended up using 2 of the powered monitors as the mains. Luckily it was very low key gig at a restaurant.

• Members

I was hired at the last minute to work sound at a small local venue. Was chatting with the band as they were loading in as I had no idea what kind of music I was dealing with. Got the usual info - inputs, mics, etc.

Me: So, tell me about your style; how do you like to sound out front?

Lead screamer: Very loud and very drunk.

Me: You got it.

They were true to form, but actually sounded decent. Wound up having to mix with my ear protection from the gun range as the overall volume was just stupid in the small venue. We're talking 2 half stacks and an Ampeg 8x10 for an audience of 30-40 or so folks. The good news is that the much quieter main act sounded fabulous by comparison.

• Members

They were true to form, but actually sounded decent. Wound up having to mix with my ear protection from the gun range as the overall volume was just stupid in the small venue. We're talking 2 half stacks and an Ampeg 8x10 for an audience of 30-40 or so folks. The good news is that the much quieter main act sounded fabulous by comparison.

Speaking of loud, a buddy of mine saw Slayer the other night in a 525-cap club. I'm still waiting to hear how loud it was. :-)

-Dan.

• Members
On second thought, I think I'll hold off on adding any new stories based on the censorship I see happening in OJ. I guess we're still G rated. :idk:
If you're still a Mod you could post something and see if you are immediately overwhelmed with a compulsion to ban yourself ;) ?

• 1 year later...

Archived