Practice your justifying here before you go home!

• Members

We all know that moment - you see the deal, and you wildly start justifying it in your head. I can't believe we haven't had a support group for this here! Don't justify it -- PRACTICE justifying it and let your idiot musician buddies support your spending here! Have at it!

Baby, it's okay. I know we're trying to spend less because of the wedding and the summer stuff, but... I mean… look, the 17” AA Medium crash is like more than $100 off right now. I don’t NEED-need it, but… okay, this makes sense. Really. For Audio Nation, I’ll swap out the 18” Vault with this 17”, so it will be more durable and not quite as loud, which will better suit the smaller venues. That saves the 18” Vault for Boom Stick, where I don’t have to play as hard, and that’s got that 16” HHX I bought this summer. So Boom Stick sounds better, and that saves the life of the 18" Vault. And by getting the 17” today when it’s on sale super cheap, I’m preserving the life of the 18”, which is the most expensive to replace, and can then even pair up the 16” Zildjian Medium beater crash for the same band, which saves the 16” Vault for I don’t even know what. But this makes total sense, honey, trust me.

And we know it’s TOTALLY justified by spending $115 today to save $150 in the future, especially since we don't have kids yet. This cymbal will last for years and years, as well as better-fitting the bands, which makes us sound better and earn more money. So, to be honest, I'm being very irresponsible with my money by NOT buying the 17" Sabian AA Medium crash today.

There, see? It's completely justified. And besides, those three pairs of shoes you bought in the last two weeks look awesome on you, right?

Yes, I know I bought two pairs of shoes, as well .

• Members

G.A.S. is a terrible thing to ignore. Think that's how I ended up with my Mackie DL 1608 mixer. It's working for me, but there are some that have had trouble with theirs. (Maybe I'm just lucky.)

• Members
....Yes, I know I bought two pairs of shoes, as well...
Quid Pro Quo can be a real bitch in these sorts of situations! Aa it turns out - my Yamaha CP300 digital piano came with a 16 place setting of Christmas dishes - plus all the serving pieces! Who'da thunk right?

• Members
Chuckle, Fitchy you have taste in cymbals of happiness. So let me ask how many cymbals you own? I think I have 10 or so..........

Le'see... 2 sets of hi-hats, 2 rides, 2 chinas, 2 splashes, and 5 crashes. It's all about having the right one for the right sound to me. Next one is a more subtle china. The main one I have is defintely an angry sounding beast!

• Members

In the end I gave up trying to justify my purchases with my ex-wife. She wanted me to get rid of everything because she saw it as competition for my attention (same reason she wanted me to quit college) and she also wanted more room for her stuff. One of the many reasons she is my ex-wife. smiley-happy

• Members

My justifications: the strings are too dead to squeeze another month worth of gigs out of. The equipment is hopelessly worn out, broken and I can't gig without it. The music requires a five string bass, so I'm going without something this month so i can acquire that instrument. That's pretty much been the nature of my "justifications" here lately LOL

Archived