mstreck

• Members

For us (in no particular order)...

Don't Stop Believing

She Hates Me

Zombie

You Oughta Know

Call Me Maybe

Bulls on Parade (ok, maybe sing-along isn't the right term)

Blurred Lines

But we're looking for others, whatcha got?

• Members
Not really sing along but big on crowd participation

Well, really, that's more what I'm looking for. The more crowd interaction the better - whether it be singing along, shouting along, call and answer stuff, etc...

Thanks!

• Members

I hated playing it but, in my last cover band we did I Wanna Rock And Roll All Night... and it always had the whole place singing along. One I liked playing that is a good sing along song is Drift Away. Though I may have been playing for an older crowd than you.

• Members

Funny song that has been a surprise sing along for us since we broke it out - Sugar by Fall Out BNoy. Everyone sings every word in the chorus. We also still get a lot of mileage out of We Are Young. I concur with most else on this list. Pour Some Sugar on Me, Don't Stop Believing, Living on a Prayer, Shout are all staples in our set and all get great crowd participation.

• Members

I don't have too much to add here that hasn't already been mentioned. The standards are standards for a reason. Our best sing-alongs are Don't Stop Believin', Pour Some Sugar on Me, I Love Rock n Roll, You Shook Me All Night Long, We Are Young, Come on Eileen, Living on a Prayer, Mickey, Shout, and pretty much whatever else we decide to turn into a sing along.

A lot of the sing along/audience participation factor is dependent upon how you work it. If you're dragging the audience into the performance and encouraging them to sing along, then that's what the song will likely become. If you just stand there and perform it, then they'll probably just stand there and watch you do it.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
I saw a band do Wagon Wheel for the first time on Saturday night and the entire bar was singing along. Wow - I had no idea!

yeah when we have the right crowd they sing along to the chorus.

Archived