Our new FaceBook page

msmooth

• Members

I must admit to being confused as to what the point of the OP was, I went and had a look and to be honest it had very little in the way of content, other than a few mentions of a gig or two. So what did they want us to say? But then I am equally confused by my own, I created a FB page so that I could post music related things ie pics and vids etc without boring the bejesus out of my personal FB friends but due to FBs not allowing folk who like that type of page to get to see posts on there newsfeed, I end up posting vids on both personal and my music page, so again whats the point? Cheers Steve

• Members

The pictures seem way too casual to me. Now I'll admit, I'm in a metro area, so competition is perhaps a little stiff, but the attire doesn't say "entertainer" - at least not to me. These two seem very amiable and down to earth so I don't think a step up in clothing would make them look unapproachable,. Heck, even if they were in a tux and evening dress they would still be able to pull off the folks nect door look - and that's a good thing. Ummmm I meant the guy in a tux and..... you know what I mean!

As I said, I don't know their market, but a white T-shirt and a sweater would be the kiss of death in mine. Maybe even in their market they aren't optimizing their opportunities.

And I agree with the need for a video.

• Moderators

The secret to online marketing is that it isn't just in the neighborhood anymore. But your competition is.

Look at what the more successful local competitors are doing with their web presence; emulate it and improve on it! Then look at the regional acts that have moved up, and emulate their style....

I agree about the presentation aspect of the dress code as well. You may go out to see someone play dressed that way, but I would hope they dress better than that for paying gigs.

I also don't think the 'retro pix' are doing them any favors; in fact it may be a hindrance. If I am looking to hire you, I don't care what you looked like thirty years ago...I want to know what is coming into my venue.

• Members
I also don't think the 'retro pix' are doing them any favors; in fact it may be a hindrance. If I am looking to hire you, I don't care what you looked like thirty years ago...I want to know what is coming into my venue.

Yep. What did they say in the Lion King.... it doesn't matter, it's in the past.

That sort of stroll down memory lane might be okay buried in a gallery somewhere, but probably not prominently featured on FB.

Archived