DigiTech iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard

Anderton

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JDBaldwin51

View Post

On another note, one of the pedals that I was really looking forward to trying out on this unit ( the Fulltone OCD overdrive pedal) appears to be missing from the app, despite the fact that it is being advertised on the Digitech website. Anyone know whats going on there?

I'm pretty sure the OCD is the "Anxiety Disorder" pedal. I assume DigiTech would have gotten into trouble if they'd called it FullTone OCD.

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having. I'm using an iPad 2 here and the unit has been rock solid, so I can't duplicate or comment on your problems. I did a little research and saw that the iPad 2 processor is twice as fast (!) - seems to me that would make a huge difference in terms of processing data. I presume DigiTech would either need to optimize the code further, or have some kind of "governor" to prevent overflow situations with an iPad 1...but I'm speculating, I don't know much about code.

Maybe DigiTechRep has some inside track on a fix, if he can tear himself away from NAMM show prep. Meanwhile, check mck's post #165 for a workaround to hold you over. It's not ideal, but it seemed to solve mck's crash problems so maybe it will solve yours.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton

View Post

Meanwhile, check mck's post #165 for a workaround to hold you over. It's not ideal, but it seemed to solve mck's crash problems so maybe it will solve yours.

Yup. Not one crash since then and I'm up to about 20 presets of my own and no crash.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mck

View Post

Yup. Not one crash since then and I'm up to about 20 presets of my own and no crash.

thumb.gif It will be interesting to see if you find the "critical mass" number for presets.

I just love the flow of pro reviews, people like you are what make this a truly "open source" experience and I thank you for that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Hell

View Post

Zero crashes for me since I got it a few months ago. I'm running the iPad2.

I am ready to start swapping presets.

It seems to only be on the ipad 1. There is a "memory dump" , and the app closes. Interestingly, sometimes mine will close, and a few seconds, will flash lights , and open up again... Anyway, I spoke to Digitech and they are aware and working on a resolve. I figured Namm is keeping everyone busy, but they said real soon will be a fix.

• Members

I would like to create rough tone patches with Nexus while I'm away from my pedal board (you know, like when I'm at my in-law's). Why not create a server that will allow the testing of Nexus patches by running a few generic guitar tones through an "off site" ipb-10 and playing back the audio file. Or, allow the user to upload a clean guitar lick, and run it through an off site ipb-10. Let's go Digitech, this one is a no-brainer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by thebioguy

View Post

I would like to create rough tone patches with Nexus while I'm away from my pedal board (you know, like when I'm at my in-law's). Why not create a server that will allow the testing of Nexus patches by running a few generic guitar tones through an "off site" ipb-10 and playing back the audio file. Or, allow the user to upload a clean guitar lick, and run it through an off site ipb-10. Let's go Digitech, this one is a no-brainer.

Oooh, this is a cool idea!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

View Post

Oooh, this is a cool idea!

I too see how this is a nice & sexy idea and could be a nice selling factor but I would focus the limited resources on bug fixes (hint hint) and UI improvements followed by refinements / additions to the pedals & amps provided on the unit. Lets keep the focus on real time & tangible as opposed to nice to haves... No offense to thebioguy. His was a great idea.

• Members

I am very excited about the iPB-10 and am selling my Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra to get something this user friendly. Hopefully the factory programming will keep me entertained until the ipad3 release. I will also be accessing my Presonus Studiolive mixer via the iPad while docked. Does anyone see a reason why this wouldn't work?

I am impressed by DigiTech's involvement in this thread. It really influenced my buying decision.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H

View Post

I am very excited about the iPB-10 and am selling my Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra to get something this user friendly. Hopefully the factory programming will keep me entertained until the ipad3 release. I will also be accessing my Presonus Studiolive mixer via the iPad while docked. Does anyone see a reason why this wouldn't work?

I'm using SL-Remote to control my StudioLive while playing through the iPB-10 and haven't had any issues (other than having to switch between apps obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H

View Post

I am impressed by DigiTech's involvement in this thread. It really influenced my buying decision.

Ditto, it was part of why I decided to upgrade my RP-500 to an iPB-10! That, and being able to use 4 cable method to connect through my amp, on top of all the cool features and great sounds...

• Members

View Post

... When you select the AMP setting it removes the cab models, when you select MIXER it applies the same cab models that you have on the saved pedalboard setup to the 1/4" outputs.

I'm confused. I was told (by a Digitech engineer) that there is a low-pass filter on the XLR outputs, to approximate a standard guitar speaker frequency response, and that same filter can be applied to the 1/4" output with the MIXER button. Maybe that's what happens when you aren't using a cabinet model? And when you are, it does what you're saying? Or perhaps the filter is in addition to the cabinet model?

BTW, I've got a bug in selecting cabinets. If there is no cabinet selected, and I go to add one, the cab area remains blank, but the first cabinet in the list is selected (Tweed 1x8). (Re)selecting the Tweed 1x8 does not cause it to be inserted. I then select another cabinet, and that gets inserted. I then select another cabinet, but it does not get inserted (at least visually). Selecting yet another cabinet causes the previously selected one to be inserted, after which the insertion appears to be one selection behind. This results in me really not being sure what I've got.

Thanks

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by conjurerofriffs

View Post

does anyone know if you can assign one of the top row switches to have a volume boost. for example the have it increase the volume on the amp sim or the patch level???

As far as I know, you can't do that. My way around it is just to make a separate patch that's a little louder for my lead tone. Or maybe try and assign the eq to one of those switches and put it in the loop like you would with a Boss GE-7?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RickyKeith

View Post

I'm confused. I was told (by a Digitech engineer) that there is a low-pass filter on the XLR outputs, to approximate a standard guitar speaker frequency response, and that same filter can be applied to the 1/4" output with the MIXER button. Maybe that's what happens when you aren't using a cabinet model? And when you are, it does what you're saying? Or perhaps the filter is in addition to the cabinet model?

Hey Ricky Keith, it is both. The Cabinet models are always on (unless you select nothing) for the 1/4" and XLR's. The switch provides an additional LPF if you are using FRFR cabs and the horns are not sounding right.

BTW, I've got a bug in selecting cabinets. If there is no cabinet selected, and I go to add one, the cab area remains blank, but the first cabinet in the list is selected (Tweed 1x8). (Re)selecting the Tweed 1x8 does not cause it to be inserted. I then select another cabinet, and that gets inserted. I then select another cabinet, but it does not get inserted (at least visually). Selecting yet another cabinet causes the previously selected one to be inserted, after which the insertion appears to be one selection behind. This results in me really not being sure what I've got.

Thanks

Yes we discovered this one too, we have a fix that will be in the next update (imminent BTW).

• Members

View Post

Yes we discovered this one too, we have a fix that will be in the next update (imminent BTW).

Great news!!! Will this new update be a collection of bug fixes or are there any new features / improvements introduced as well? Can't wait!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mck

View Post

Great news!!! Will this new update be a collection of bug fixes or are there any new features / improvements introduced as well? Can't wait!!!

It will probably be a two-part release. First will be a bug fix release, followed by a feature release a couple weeks later. One of the new features is causing us some headaches and needs a longer test cycle.

• Members

View Post

It will probably be a two-part release. First will be a bug fix release, followed by a feature release a couple weeks later. One of the new features is causing us some headaches and needs a longer test cycle.

Great to hear bug fix release is imminent and even better to hear new features are on the way! Very good news. Thanks for sharing.

• Members

View Post

Yep, they are both being worked on as I type this.

Do you know if the FS3X might end up working with a future IPB-10 firmware update? I just want to know whether to sell it bundled with my RP1000 or hang on to it...

Thanks

Archived