DigiTech iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard

Anderton

• Members

Personally, I think the iPB-10 is way cool right now. I would appreciate just a few feature upgrades mentioned previously on this thread ... tap tempo for sure, a more powerful EQ, the ability to stack OD/Dist pedals, a built-in looper and some control over the wah perameters to name a few. I'm hoping these are the kinds of things that come in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks DigiTech for this awesome piece of gear!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Den

View Post

Personally, I think the iPB-10 is way cool right now. I would appreciate just a few feature upgrades mentioned previously on this thread ... tap tempo for sure, a more powerful EQ, the ability to stack OD/Dist pedals, a built-in looper and some control over the wah perameters to name a few. I'm hoping these are the kinds of things that come in the next firmware upgrade. Thanks DigiTech for this awesome piece of gear!

Ditto. I fully agree. And I appreciate the effort to squish that iPad1 crash bug. Thanks much DigiTech

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Den

View Post

Personally, I think the iPB-10 is way cool right now. I would appreciate just a few feature upgrades mentioned previously on this thread ... Thanks DigiTech for this awesome piece of gear!

I agree as well, and firmware upgrades are of course the near term priority and will be most welcome. I was just a planting a few seeds for the future re possible h/w upgrades/add-ons - some may be feasible. some foolish, but thats what creative brainstroming is all about smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09

View Post

I agree as well, and firmware upgrades are of course the near term priority and will be most welcome. I was just a planting a few seeds for the future re possible h/w upgrades/add-ons - some may be feasible. some foolish, but thats what creative brainstroming is all about smile.gif

Some of the greatest ideas come about exactly that way ... throwing out creative ideas that may seem unrealistic at the time. Think about the giant leap of faith Apple took to make the commitment to the iPad in the first place! There wasn't much in the way of empirical evidence to support the massive adoption of a tablet computer. And yet, about two years later, more than 50 million people have spent some serious dollars to jump on board.

I respect DigiTech for taking a similar leap in testing the market with an innovative product like the iPB-10. The fact that so many traditionalists write it off immediately as a "fail" (hate that term), is probably a good indicator that this is on the right track.

• Members

The more I use the ipb-10 the more I love it. Really good purchase.

For quick reference, I cobbled toghther a handy (for me) 8 x 10 (PDF) TONE MATRIX CHEAT SHEET to show/remind me of the one hundred (20 x5) tones at once. Found this ideal for use with no ipad or PC is around. Got a copy single-folded in the tray! It's curerntly based on the factory preset names/positions but of its course easily updatable. See reference link below.

• Members

View Post

The more I use the ipb-10 the more I love it. Really good purchase.

For quick reference, I cobbled toghther a handy (for me) 8 x 10 (PDF) TONE MATRIX CHEAT SHEET to show/remind me of the one hundred (20 x5) tones at once. Found this ideal for use with no ipad or PC is around. Got a copy single-folded in the tray! It's curerntly based on the factory preset names/positions but of its course easily updatable. See reference link below.

Slowly but surely, this is turning from "iPB-10 Pro Review" to "iPB-10 Information Central." Thanks again for your contributions!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

View Post

Hey guys, sorry for the absence I've been out sick for the past week. I'll review what I've missed and try to answer any questions.

Sorry to hear that you were not well. Hope you get better soon and completely recover in no time.

• Members

View Post

Hey guys, sorry for the absence I've been out sick for the past week. I'll review what I've missed and try to answer any questions.

Were you a victim of time-delay NAMMthrax?!?

I can summarize for you: People love the thing, thanks for the updates, here are some useful cheat sheets for iPB-10 owners. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Are you using the CableJive dockXtender 6' cable?

Yes Cable Jive 6'

It charges about 50% of the time I plug it in. Haven't noticed enough of what else is going on to know why it isn't charging 100% of the time other than to say it isn't that the connections are loose. Best guess is it has to do with either the total amperage of power available to the ipb-10 (I have many things powered by the strip that powers it)..or...the battery charge level of the iPad when I plug the cable in.

• Members

For those who like to keep the ipad off the floor when using the ipb-10, does any one make this :

A docking stand with a

• a rear dock port (for connection to ipb) ; like the basic apple dock
  • ipad slides on over the front connector ; like the basic apple dock
  • unit is rotatable, as needed for NEXUS, while still keeping the wired dock connection.

This would be deal for ipb use - no messing with cables - just slide in the ipad and rotate

I have seen a few that were close, but not quite.

Ahem , another great future DigiTech accessory smile.gif

UPDATE:

One that "might" work is the PadDock10: http://www.pdstand.com/overview.htm It has a rear mini USB port (which manual says can be used with iTunes to sync), so I assume it would also work with the ipb-10 with a suitable mini usb-to-dock cable. My crude concept pic is below

concept.JPG

• Members

I have been a happy user of this case/keyboard for my iPad 1... http://adonit.net/product/writer2-plus/

I use this to prop the iPad on the desk in my home studio and it works well with the cable with the occasional charging issue mentioned above. I'm more than likely to get an iPad 3 soon with the release and dedicate the iPad 1 to live in the ipb-10 forever.

• Members

I use a simple Yooboo leather case from Amazon that props up the ipad on my desktop at an angle, making it easy to work with. It takes only a second or two to connect the cable, so very convenient.

• Members

Hi I am brand new to this forum. I just got my iPB-10 & must admit that I am very pleased after spending a few hours tweaking patches. I have a lot of gear including an Axe-FX 2 & the iPB-10 sounds remarkably good. I would like to add to the wish list for future upgrades. 1. Add the ability to assign multiple items to be controlled by the expression pedal. Like amp gain, amp level, delay repeats, delay level etc. 2. Add the ability to drag multiple effects onto one of the 5 switches instead of just one. For example having one switch turn on/off chorus, delay, compression. 3. Explain how exactly how to make the 2 LFO's work. I tried last night without any luck. Exact settings to make them work would help. 4. Enable either a looper or the ability to record a dry guitar part to be played back through the iPB-10 to re-amp & tweak/try different effects. That elliminates hitting a chord, making adjustment, & hitting chord again. Thanks to everyone on this site. The information has been invaluable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Greg H

View Post

Hi I am brand new to this forum. I just got my iPB-10 & must admit that I am very pleased after spending a few hours tweaking patches. I have a lot of gear including an Axe-FX 2 & the iPB-10 sounds remarkably good. .

Now that's music to our ears!

Welcome to the forum!

• Members

Re=phrased Question.

Suppose I take a copy of Recto and a copy of Smooth Jazz

- Under the My Tones-Assign tab, I see my currently assigned 100 tones (at this stage they are all factory presets)

- Under the My Tones-Factory, I see the factory presets only ( no copies)

- Under the My Tones-Library, I see 102 tones, 100 assinned, and 2 copies not assigned.

All good.

QUESTIONS

1. Under the My Tones-Factory, why do I see no entries under Assign for each of entires. They are in fact all assigned, and the other two tabs have this column populated. Does Assing here really mean Manually Assigned? When I manually assign via the Factory tab ( eg assign Recto to B1/P1), only then do I see 1:1 in the Factory tab.

2. After assiging Recyo to 1:1 from the Factory tab , I see the digitech icon in the Assigned tab for 1:1. But I see no Assign entries under My Library tab for Recto or fro Recto Copy. Why is that?

When I do firmware upgrade, does it lose or keep my new tones and new assignments?

• Members

Suggestion 1 - Bank vs Position scrolling Currently, a user can use the up/down buttons to cycle thru BANKS, ie

UP: 18 > 19 > 20 > 1 > 2 > etc.

DOWN: 2 > 1 > 20 > 19 > 18 > etc

Is it possible to have a user config option (and/or a hardware mode - ie hold button X) , where one can choose between BANK SCROLLING and POSITION SCROLLING? The latter would allow the user to use the up/down button to cycle thru bank positions, ie

UP: 18:3 > 18:4 > 18:5> 19:1 > 19:2 > etc.

DOWN: 19:2 > 19:1 > 18:5 > 18:4 > 18:3 > etc

Suggestion 2 - Favorites Scrolling Could we have the ability in NEXUS to tag assigned positions as favorites, and scroll thru those? Suppose I have 6 favorites, 5:4, 10:1, 12:3, 14:1, 19:1, and 20:3 It would be great to put the ipb in favorites mode ( ie hold down button X) at which point the user could use the up/down button to cycle thru favorites, ie

UP: 5:4 > 10:1 > 12:3 > 14:1 > 19:1 > 20:3 > 5:4 > 10:1 > etc

DOWN: 10:1 > 5:4 > 20:3 > 19:1 > 14:1 > 12:3 > 10:1 > 5:4 > etc

• Members

View Post

Is it possible to have a user config option (and/or a hardware mode - ie hold button X) , where one can choose between BANK SCROLLING and POSITION SCROLLING? The latter would allow the user to use the up/down button to cycle thru bank positions...

I second this request - the ability to use the UP and DOWN buttons to move linearly through the presets. That's what you want when doing a gig for which you've got a preset per tune, arranged in setlist order. Now, just to complicate things, I'd like to always be able to see what the next preset is, before selecting it, so I can prepare toward the end of each song (oh, I'm going to have to retune, or swap guitars, etc.). This implies that maybe the currently selected preset would be #3 in this mode.

And as it stands, when you push UP or DOWN to change banks, there's a pretty short time during which you've got to press 1-5 before the bank change "gives up" and reverts. Not sure how such a timeout is helpful.

• Members

This is great! Since we have the ear may I add or remind one feature I have in mind?

When Up/Down is pressed if you don't choose a present quickly the ipb-10 reverts back to the previous bank after a very brief period. I would love it if there was a user setting to control the time it waits before reverting or perhaps totally disable the revert back function. Some of us are older with bad eye sights and it does take us some time to digest whats on the new bank when you go to it with up & down! ;-)

Thanks for listening.

• Members

View Post

Just FYI: These suggestions are going on a list here at the factory. We have pressing features that will of course be given priority, but we are noting everything that is suggested ITT.

Very cool, DigiTechRep. I think everyone understands it's never possible to give everyone what they want, but it sure seems you've figured out how to obtain the opinions of a most excellent focus group! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mck

View Post

This is great! Since we have the ear may I add or remind one feature I have in mind?

When Up/Down is pressed if you don't choose a present quickly the ipb-10 reverts back to the previous bank after a very brief period. I would love it if there was a user setting to control the time it waits before reverting or perhaps totally disable the revert back function. Some of us are older with bad eye sights and it does take us some time to digest whats on the new bank when you go to it with up & down! ;-)

Thanks for listening.

I second this one.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton

View Post

.... I can summarize for you: People love the thing, thanks for the updates, here are some useful cheat sheets for iPB-10 owners. smile.gif

I found my cheat sheet handy for a binder, but the old eyes still struggle at times.

So I super-sized and color-coded it and keep it propped up on an angled stand right beside the unit. Its great for practicing to see the whole menu of ipb-10 presets at once, albeit just a rough proxy by description.

I posted a hi-res tiff file here, perfect for an inexpensive 2' x 2' poster from on-line services like posterjack, walmart etc ... for those as anal as I.

PNG file here.

Concept:

ipb_poster_thumb.JPG

• Members

I'm going to print this out right now for a different reason - it's time for me to do some additional audio examples, and I want to make sure I don't repeat the presets I've already done. So, I'll check off presets I've done as I go along.

Thanks again! thumb.gif

Archived