DigiTech iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard

Anderton

• Members

Hi to All i'm from Italy and i'm new to this forum..(but i read every post and i found no solution)
I bought the ipb10... And i'll get in 10 days
A little question:
It't possible to control the switch of the amp? How many channel?
(I have mesa boogie mark v and my request is 4 channel, or at least 2 crunch and lead)
Midi function through usb?
Thanks and sorry for my bad language..:-)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi to All i'm from Italy and i'm new to this forum..(but i read every post and i found no solution)
I bought the ipb10... And i'll get in 10 days
A little question:
It't possible to control the switch of the amp? How many channel?
(I have mesa boogie mark v and my request is 4 channel, or at least 2 crunch and lead)
Midi function through usb?
Thanks and sorry for my bad language..:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi to all
Finally I have in my hands the ipb..but after a little time, the ipb don't have sound..
Try to update.., try to slide everything to the max vol..but nothing
I turn the volume pot, and with my surprise, is hard to turn..
It's no in warranty, so i decide to disassembly the ipb and i think "it's a pot problem..and I can simply change.."
And the problem it's, for me, the pot..because I it's broken!! It's open... Probably took a blow.
With my surprise it's not a normal dual pot..with 14 lug..and impossible to find!!
Try also to close the pot..and the result is a volume up and down normally, no sound, but I can ear som noise that increase and decrease turning the pot.
I I took a pictures if someone needs it.

So can anyone help me for to solve this situation?
Where I can find this pot, before to contact some technical assistance here in Italy

I take this opportunity to make you my best wishes for a musical and happy year 2013

• Members

Hi to all
Finally I have in my hands the ipb..but after a little time, the ipb don't have sound..
Try to update.., try to slide everything to the max vol..but nothing
It's no in warranty, so i decide to disassembly the ipb and i think "it's a pot problem..and I can simply change.."
And the problem it's, for me, the pot..because I it's broken!! It's open... Probably took a blow.
With my surprise it's not a normal dual pot..with 14 lug..and impossible to find!!
Try also to close the pot..and the result is a volume up and down normally, no sound, but I can ear som noise that increase and decrease turning the pot.
I I took a pictures if someone needs it.

So can anyone help me for to solve this situation?
Where I can find this pot, before to contact some technical assistance here in Italy

I take this opportunity to make you my best wishes for a musical and happy year 2013

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ginopelle View Post
Hi to all

I had the EXACT same problem with my first iPB. It's as though it was dropped onto the volume knob. I also took mine apart (hoping to fix it myself), but it didn't work properly afterwards (once in a while it would work, but simply touching it caused it to stop working. Thankfully I was able to get it replaced at the store that I purchased it at, but I suspect you may have to go through Digitech customer service. The cheapest way may be to get them to send you a new volume pot, but I don't know if they would do such a thing.

I hope you get your problem resolved, as the iPB-10 is a fabulous device (for me it's a toy, as I have never owned an effects pedal, but I am definitely learning a lot about how certain tones are created.

Allan

• Members
Hi to all

I had the EXACT same problem with my first iPB. It's as though it was dropped onto the volume knob. I also took mine apart (hoping to fix it myself), but it didn't work properly afterwards (once in a while it would work, but simply touching it caused it to stop working. Thankfully I was able to get it replaced at the store that I purchased it at, but I suspect you may have to go through Digitech customer service. The cheapest way may be to get them to send you a new volume pot, but I don't know if they would do such a thing.

I hope you get your problem resolved, as the iPB-10 is a fabulous device (for me it's a toy, as I have never owned an effects pedal, but I am definitely learning a lot about how certain tones are created.

Allan

• Members
Tx for your response..i'm waiting for a DigitechRep advice..
I'hope that this issue has been thought..
It sounds like the pot took a good hit and needs to be replaced. The store where you bought it should have suggestions on qualified repair locations. You can also contact our Tech Support/Repair dept. and they will have good recommendations on the next steps for repair.

support@digitech.com

• Members
Tx for your response..i'm waiting for a DigitechRep advice..
I'hope that this issue has been thought..
It sounds like the pot took a good hit and needs to be replaced. The store where you bought it should have suggestions on qualified repair locations. You can also contact our Tech Support/Repair dept. and they will have good recommendations on the next steps for repair.

support@digitech.com

• Members

Has anybody had any success with backing up/restoring their settings from an old iPad to a new iPad (I am going from 1st gen iPad to latest (with the Lightning connector))?!?. Anyway, when I Backup via email (I email from my iPad to my computer, and then drag/drop the file into the Apps folder in iTunes, and then go to restore it, it gives me all empty slots (in Assigned tab, and then nothing in My Library), then crashes. I also tried it via the "filesharing" method (less than intuitive.... well both are less than intuitive [having to navigate to iTunes and such], but I digress). Maybe it should be called "iTunes backup".

I took a quick look at the 'backup.ipb10b' file in Textwrangler and it appears to have all of my parameters, but since I am not a coding guru, I don't know if there is something missing or wrong. I can see my list of custom presets (self created or imported), plus a file called 'settings.plist' . The backup file is only ~68 kb, which seems kinda small, but since it is only XML data, I guess that could be OK.

I am not particularly "invested" in the settings I have on my old iPad, so I could easily start from scratch (I have all of the community patches that I need on my computer (or I can download them again), and I can always export my custom patches, but I know that there are people out there for whom this could be a deal-breaker, or cause a lot of unneeded angst prior to a gig or if their iPad packs it in.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any insight into how to deal with this, please advise. I can easily use my old iPad for the time being, but at some point I am likely going to give it to my daughter, and it will likely be a write-off soon after wink.gif .

Thanks for reading,

Allan

• Members

Has anybody had any success with backing up/restoring their settings from an old iPad to a new iPad (I am going from 1st gen iPad to latest (with the Lightning connector))?!?. Anyway, when I Backup via email (I email from my iPad to my computer, and then drag/drop the file into the Apps folder in iTunes, and then go to restore it, it gives me all empty slots (in Assigned tab, and then nothing in My Library), then crashes. I also tried it via the "filesharing" method (less than intuitive.... well both are less than intuitive [having to navigate to iTunes and such], but I digress). Maybe it should be called "iTunes backup".

I took a quick look at the 'backup.ipb10b' file in Textwrangler and it appears to have all of my parameters, but since I am not a coding guru, I don't know if there is something missing or wrong. I can see my list of custom presets (self created or imported), plus a file called 'settings.plist' . The backup file is only ~68 kb, which seems kinda small, but since it is only XML data, I guess that could be OK.

I am not particularly "invested" in the settings I have on my old iPad, so I could easily start from scratch (I have all of the community patches that I need on my computer (or I can download them again), and I can always export my custom patches, but I know that there are people out there for whom this could be a deal-breaker, or cause a lot of unneeded angst prior to a gig or if their iPad packs it in.

Anyhoo, if anyone has any insight into how to deal with this, please advise. I can easily use my old iPad for the time being, but at some point I am likely going to give it to my daughter, and it will likely be a write-off soon after wink.gif .

Thanks for reading,

Allan

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ALuomala View Post

Thanks for reading,

Allan
I would export the backup by emailing it to yourself. Then on the new ipad open up that email and click on the backup to import it into the ibp nexus app.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ALuomala View Post

Thanks for reading,

Allan
I would export the backup by emailing it to yourself. Then on the new ipad open up that email and click on the backup to import it into the ibp nexus app.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nippyjun

View Post

I haven't been able to get that to work (if only it were that easy). Unless of course, I am doing something ridiculously silly to prevent it from backing up/restoring my Nexus settings. I will give it another try (the simple method) and see if I have any success with that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nippyjun

View Post

I haven't been able to get that to work (if only it were that easy). Unless of course, I am doing something ridiculously silly to prevent it from backing up/restoring my Nexus settings. I will give it another try (the simple method) and see if I have any success with that.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Hi Guys,

Over at THEGEARPAGE we were having a disscusion and here is part of it. Below you will notice that we have started a partition in regards to this product.

All this is really sad given Nexus versions never even made it to Ver 1.1 !! We are after all, still on the 1.0 series.

It would be great if all this abandonment talk is just a Mark Twain case of 'the rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated". But for a product that shipped two years ago, in June 2011, I think the sentiments are valid.

This is quite dissapointing for a $500 product.

And even more infuriating is the fact that DT is not even entertaining letting a dedicated user comminitity pick it up and run with it.

O

Just noticed this statement in the product announcement from Rob Urry, V.P. Harman Professional Division & G.M. of Signal Processing and Amplifier Business Units. "You can count on seeing a long line of enhancements and features available in future upgrades via the Apple App Store." Urry added.

Add that to Digitech's own iPB-10 marketing brochures, stating "Now that DigiTech has integrated control, the possibilities moving forward are endless."

Hmmm.. any lawyers out there???

P.S. There are also the sentiments expressed by a very dedidated DT rep on the forums, consistent with the DT promises, ie in Nov 2011 , in response to future updates., ie

"There are quite a few things like this that could be addressed in updates. The ability to update your firmware from the connected iPad makes these types of feature additions quite painless."

"We have big plans for the iPB-10. We consider it to be a gateway into a greater performance oriented world where the divisions between computers, pedals, processors, multifx, etc. become meaningless."

Mediaman

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2112

Excellent post!

And I'll repeat my assertion from last week.....on the points highlighted in red above, THE SILENCE FROM DIGITECH HAS BEEN DEAFENING.

Sorry if that gets DigitechRep's panties in a wad, but it's the truth. Post something -- ANYTHING -- that indicates a path to continue evolving the iPB-10, and I'll happily retract this statement. Until then, I think these sentiments pretty well describe the view from here......

I agree with all the above...

That is why I posted the petition, to get Digitech to do something but I need everyone's help. Please help by signing it and let's hope Digitech listens to us.

http://www.change.org/petitions/digi..._source=guides

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Any progress on multiple effects ' date=' [/color']

3 years since I asked about multiple delays in particular or has Digitech lost interest in the iPB10 , regards Murray

Sad to say, but I think DigiTech has indeed lost interest. I'm not sure whether there was ever a Lightning-compatible tray for the new iPads...it's a shame, mine still works and I'm using the old iPad, but I guess one lesson in all this is maybe it's not a good idea to create something that's dependent on another manufacturer - especially one that tends to be secretive about future plans.

The iPB-10 did not sell well so I suspect it's joined the end-of-life club.

Archived